📃CHAPTER FIFTEEN | COWARD

The winter enveloped the country, South Korea in her chilly winds and frosty air. Breaths from nostrils and lips became quite lucid in visible puffs and warmth was first priority to the citizens of South Korea. Due to information from weather forecasts and the nude branches on trees, everyone expected the first snow.

I stared at the city of Seoul through the glass paned slide doors in Kim Tae Min’s home. Another weather forecast predicting a heavy snowfall echoed from a radio in Tae Min’s study. The radio was loud but I enjoyed it with the warm feel from the hot cup of coffee in my hands.

I reminisced on the white blanket over buildings and naked trees the first time I arrived at Seoul. A smile grew on my face. It was hard to believe a year had gone by. It was the most amazing year of my life and more than anything I wished my life to stay that way. Peace, serenity, fulfilment by doing what I truly wanted and the most wonderful achievement of all, being in love.

“Hey Pree, would you like to follow me to the airport?” Tae Min asked.

He wore nothing but a white Egyptian cotton towel. Streams of water strolled over his pale skin. They rode down his shaven chest and made his abs glow. Drops of clear liquid fell from the slipped silvery strands of hair on his head. His lashes glued by water’s blessed viscosity made his almond eyes more than beautiful. I blushed.

“You really hate a dry floor don’t you?” I asked trying to overcome the hasty pace of my heartbeat.

“What?”

“How many times have I told you to dry up properly in the bathroom?”

“Oh! I often forget but it’s cool since I always achieve my goal.” Tae Min said with a captivating smile. He was hot.

“What could you possibly gain from being all wet in the living room?”

“Looking sexy and making you blush.” He blew a kiss. My heart skipped more beats after a chuckle.

“Show off!” I grabbed a throw pillow from one of the chairs and flung it at Tae Min. He ducked and we both laughed until our eyes met. We smiled.

It was the simple moments like that morning that deleted the worry and troubles in my heart. I wished the chapters of my life to stay still like that morning. I needed nothing else.

“You should get dressed if you’re tagging along Pree. It’s almost time to leave.”

“Sure I will.”

“Okay. Let’s meet outside in ten minutes.” Tae Min said and left the room. My smile disappeared. I let out a loud sigh.

I wanted my life with Tae Min to remain still, but that morning I had to prepare for a factor that disrupted my desire. Kim Tae Min had to leave Seoul and I had to put a pretend smile on my face while I got ready to follow him the airport.

Tae Min’s new Korean ballads and English romance songs had become more popular than his rap albums and his fan base grew quickly.

The Yoojin Agency prepared a tour schedule for Tae Min across several Asian countries. The tour was supposed to start on the spring season of the coming year but the agency changed it. Rather, Lee Jun Ho changed it.

Lee Jun Ho had realized that Tae Min was no longer a clueless fifteen year old boy who’d sit quietly and watch just anyone take over his mother’s company. Jun Ho knew about Tae Min’s connection with lawyers he had no information on. Also the ledger and original copy of Judy Stone’s will in Tae Min’s possession had put Jun Ho in a dilemma. The only way he could take Tae Min’s sight off his activities was to get him out of South Korea and the tour was a perfect idea.