📃CHAPTER EIGHTEEN | I CHOOSE YOU

It had been a nine days since Tae Min and I were kidnapped by Cheo Jeong and his gang. Beat down and famished, my limbs grew weak and my eyes were sunken. I had not seen Tae Min since we were separated on my birthday. It worried me and more than anything I wanted to hear his voice.

After I was struck on the head, I woke up in a cell. The building I found myself was old and cracks kissed by moss crept on grey walls. Two men sat in front of the cell day and night. I was given one roll of gimbap and a cup of water a day. I was also given a warm blanket and a pair of socks but that did nothing to fight the cold that hurt my bones ruthlessly.

It had been nine days but I was unsure of the exact date. I was sure Christmas had gone by. My family would have tried to reach me. I was too weak to bother about them but at that moment I wished to see them. Tears left my eyes.

"Get up bitch. The boss wants to see you." One of the men called as he opened the cell.

I was dragged to a large room.

The smell of soaked wood and rusted iron attacked my nostrils. Cheo Jeong sat on wooden chair while he smoked.

"I bet you're wondering what happened to Tae Min." He said with a smile. I wanted to punch his face desperately but I was too weak to do so.

"Where is he? What did you do to him?!!" I screamed. The thought of Tae Min gave me strength.

"Wow! Are you two the Fairy and the Woodcutter? How can you be worried about someone else in this situation? They're like lovers from a tragic folklore." Cheo Jeong and the men in the room laughed.

I did not care for their mockery. I did not care about what they planned to do with me. I just needed to know if Tae Min was safe.

"It doesn't matter if he's alive or dead. We'll be done with you soon. We just have to make a few arrangements with our boss." Cheo Jeong said.

"You're not the boss?" I asked.

"Thank you for thinking so highly of me Miss, but someone else sponsors and runs our gang. It's fine. You'll meet with him soon. Here, take a shower and get changed into this. You have to look presentable. I hear he has a soft spot for you." Cheo Jeong said. He dropped folded clothes on my hands.

I looked around the room and spotted a bathroom a few steps away. My eyes strolled around the room once more and I found phones and bags a step away from the bathroom. They belonged to Tae Min and I.

I remembered the fact that tracking apps were installed in our phones for security reasons. Tae Min suggested it after the masked ball. As long as our phones were turned on, the guards hired by Tae Min were aware of our location. If no one searched for Tae Min, I was sure his lawyers and body guards were exceptions. I had to turn my phone on.

"Don't I get a little privacy?" I asked Cheo Jeong who eyed me and licked his lips.

"Sure but this guy stays here in case you try something funny. Stay with her and make sure she's out of the bathroom in five minutes." Cheo Jeong instructed one of his men.

While Cheo Jeong and his men talked, I stood up and stretched my leg to the phones near the bathroom. I took a look around. No one watched me.

I kicked one of the phones into the bathroom and at the sound of a thud, Cheo Jeong turned to me. I fell and stood up again. He turned away and walked out of the room.

"Hurry up lady." The only man left behind said while he sat at the door of the bathroom.

I got into the bathroom and turned on the shower. I ran to the phone and turned it on as well. I placed the device on silent and was about to dial an emergency number when I heard a loud thud on the bathroom door.