Fake Breakup {Travlyn}

03/16/2021

"Katie?"
Katelyn turned her attention to her fake boyfriend, "yeah?"
He stood next to her, "I realized something."
She felt her heart pounding, "what's that?"
He grabbed her hands, "you probably want to not have to fake date me anymore."
She wanted to cry, right then and there, for a reason she didn't know, "why do you think that?"
He painfully laughed, "it's not like we're actually dating, besides you should be able to date other people."
A fact she often forgot. Especially when they would be with their friends and so they would be touchy and cuddling. They both felt like they were really boyfriend and girlfriend.
"Are you saying you want to," she hesitated the words, "fake breakup?"
"Yeah," he muttered, "I guess so."
She felt as though her heart broke, yet still agreed, "okay," she was only able to get out.
He hugged her out of instinct, "we can sort of just plan it out and then have like a fake fight when my dad gets back."
She nodded into his shoulder, "yeah, that works."

"Okay," she began, "so I just yell 'do you even want me anymore?!' That's kind of overdramatic."
"Yeah, but I'll just yell something like, well something that you'd get mad at," he replied.
She nodded, "so what happens after that?"
He tried to make eye contact with her, but refused, "I guess we just say we broke up and stayed friends."
She nodded, not at all wanting to go along with the plan. She rested her head on his shoulder knowing that she wouldn't be able to do that again.
"Hey," he gently moved a piece of hair from her face, "you want to do this right?"
She looked up at him, "of course, of course."
He looked away, "yeah," he jumped up when the sound of the door opening came from downstairs, "he's home," he whispered.
"Oh!" Katelyn stood up and put on an acting face, "ugh! You are such an idiot!"
"I can't believe we are even fighting about this!" He yelled back.
"Oh?! That's what you can't believe?! I cannot begin to believe that I ever told you I love you!"
"Well-well," his words trailed off.
She looked over to the staircase, "Travis?"
He looked over at her, "I forgot what to say."
She deeply breathed in before yelling once more, "do you even want me anymore?!"
He didn't speak.
"Do you even want me anymore?!"
Without any words he walked over to her and pulled her into a kiss, "yes, Katelyn, always."
She put her hands on his face, "me too then."
They looked over, hearing a creaking at the stairs.
"Hey, it went silent, I was just making sure neither of you killed each other."
Katelyn giggled, "no, we're fine now."
Travis looked back to Katelyn, "we're fine?"
"Well I'll leave you kids to it," Terry replied before walking back down the stairs.
"You love me?!" Katelyn exclaimed.
"I didn't think I hid it!" Travis answered.
"Then why did you want to fake breakup in the first place?!" She tried to hush her voice.
"I was doing it for you!"
"But I love you!" She confessed, without understanding her words.
He stared at her, "why didn't you tell me?"
"I thought you didn't feel the same anymore."
He held her close, "I love you, Katelyn, okay?"
"I love you, too, Dork," she rested her head onto his shoulder, "I'm sorry it took me so long."
"To what?"
"To confess it," she whimpered, "I realized while we were in love~love paradise. Then ultimately hid it, even from myself for so, so long."
He kissed her forehead, "hey, it's okay."
She pushed away from him, "it's not."
"It is."
"I love you, Travis," she spoke, "but I think that I broke your heart too many times."
"I love you, too, Katelyn, but anything that happened before doesn't matter."
She looked up into his eyes, "then what about at A-Con, when I kissed you? Or when I would hit you, constantly? What about all those times that can't be undone?"
He kissed her, "what about the times the I was the one who messed up? Because I think that it evens out," he laughed.
She nodded, "fine, but I'm gonna need time to even forgive myself."
"Take as much time as you need."
She cried into his shoulder, "I hate you."
He gently kissed her hair, "I love you, too."
"You're a Dork," she smiled, "you know that?"
"And you're a Blueberry, see? We're even."
She nudged him, "I'm a Blueberry?"
He kissed her, "yes," he joked. He wiped the tears from under her eyes, "and a beautiful one too."
She breathily laughed, "thank you."
He gently placed his lips on hers, "any day."