Travlyn

02/14/2021

I woke to Travis' arms wrapped around me. I reached up and held his bicep, he's been working out a lot recently, so he's gotten more muscular than he was before.
I turned around to face him and kissed him gently, usually what he does to wake me up.
He yawned and stretched his arm, "morning, Blueberry," he smiled. I love his smile. His dimples are just so genuine, Irene, do I love this man.
"Good morning, baby," I replied. He kissed my neck then sat up.
"This sounds like something you'd say, but do we have to get up today?" I asked, followed by a laugh.
Travis, still under the blanket, hovered over me. He kissed my chest, then up my neck, to my chin, then reaching my lips.
I grabbed his face and just stared into his beautiful eyes. But suddenly burst into laughter.
"What's so funny, Blueberry?" Travis asked, flopping down next to me.
I looked over at him. He was still smiling his dorky smile at me.
"It's just that... well, I remembered how I used to always punch you-"
"Whenever I touched your butt," he butted in (no pun intended), with a chuckle.
"One time you came up with a dumb excuse of saying that there was a bee on my butt!"
"Because there was!" He defended.
"Sure, Dork. I bet there just happen to be a bee on my butt, as you were walking behind me... convenient." I laughed.
He pulled me close to him and kissed my cheek.
"I'm glad those days are over and I can just hold you like this." I felt heat rush through my face as our noses brushed against one another.
"We should get up now!" I said and interrupted the silence.
"Yeah..." Travis sounded disappointed. I kissed his cheek and jumped up laughing.
I grabbed one of his shirts and buttoned it up, "put on pants and meet me downstairs."
I ran out of the room and leaned against the door.
Why am I acting like this? I just can't stop smiling. Whenever I'm with him... I'm different. I'm happy and peppy. Just not myself.
I slid down the door with my knees to my chest.
I'm just happy... and... I just feel safe with him. Nothing bad could ever happen, when I'm with him.
The door opened behind me, and I started falling over. I looked up and was met with emerald (idk if his eyes would still be emerald or gray now) eyes.
"Hey, Blueberry," he smirked.
"Hey, Dork."
He picked me up off the floor and laughed, "you just couldn't go without me?"
I just stared at him. I gave him a small, gentle kiss, then ran downstairs.
I ran to the kitchen. I stopped at the island and smiled... just about how much I love him. I never thought it was possible to love someone so much.
I felt arms wrap around my waist and a warmth behind me.
"Hey."
"Hey, I love you, Travis."
He nuzzled his head into my neck and muttered, "I love you, Blueberry."
"Pancakes?"
He shot up, happy, "blueberry pancakes?"
"Considering you can't make dork pancakes, sure," I joked.
I grabbed the batter from the cabinet and Travis grabbed the eggs and milk, and of course blueberries from the fridge.
The doorbell rang, and it echoed through the house, "could you get that? I'm not wearing pants so-"
In an instant he was sprinting to the door, he opened it, though I couldn't see who was there.
"Oh-uh, good morning, sir-" oh no...
"Morning, Travis, now why aren't you wearing a shirt?"
"It's- well- because-"
I ducked behind the kitchen island to hide.
"And where's Katelyn?"
"She's..." I'm guessing he saw that I wasn't in the kitchen anymore, "still asleep."
I heard big shoes walk over to beside the island, uninvited.
I crawled to the opposite side of the island, so that he couldn't see me.
"Pancakes?"
"Yeah, we- I was just making them."
He continued walking, I crawled over to the front of the island, just to realize he had brought two of my brothers.
I put a finger over my lips, insinuating to them to not say anything.
I crawled over to the other side and prayed he wouldn't walk over here.
"Are you sure she's still asleep?"
Travis nodded.
"Because I'm pretty sure she's right here," I heard the footsteps coming closer, and before I could get away, my arm was grabbed and I was pulled to my feet.
"Hi, dad..." I said, nervously.
"Not only did you lie to me," he pointed to Travis, "but you, my own daughter, were hiding from me! I cannot express how disappointed I am in you!" I looked down at the floor, "not only that, but you're not even wearing pants."
I stood still for a second, not knowing how to defend myself. But then it came to me, "The only reason I was hiding from you is because I knew you would act this way. I was scared that you were going to yell at me like you are now-"
He interrupted me to yell, "I am not yelling!"
"Yes, you are! I am a grown woman, you can't just burst into my house with two of my brothers!" I defended.
I heavily breathed, waiting for him to start yelling again, but instead he just sighed.
"I'm sorry, Sugar Pea. But it still is very immature for you two to lie to me like that."
I rolled my eyes, "oh my Irene, why can't you just let me peacefully be happy-"
"And in love," Travis added. I smiled and blushed as I looked over at him, he just had a shy smile on his face.
"Exactly."
"You're in love with each other?" My dad asked.
I happily nodded, looking at Travis, "yeah," I walked over to him and grabbed his arm, "we're in... love."
"Well, now I just feel stupid for coming," my dad muttered.
"Don't," I began, "that just makes me feel bad."
"Don't feel bad you're in love..."
I smiled.
"I oughta be going." He commented.
He started walking towards the door.
"Wait-" I stopped him, "do you want to stay for pancakes?"
"No, no," he laughed, "you two- you two just have your morning together."
He then left, and Travis and I were left alone again.
"Kind of ruined the mood," Travis commented.
"The pancakes are burning."
"Damn!" He exclaimed.