Storms {Travlyn}

-Based after Travlyn's second date-

A storm raged outside of their windows.
"Travis, are you awake?" Katelyn whispered, tapping the sleeping man next her's shoulder. Travis just replied with a snore as he turned away.
She stood up as another bolt of thunder tumbled through Starlight.
The floor creaked under her feet as she walked over to the dresser that had three books on top of it.
She grabbed one of them and made her way back to the warmth of the bed.
She clipped her reading light onto the cover of the book and began reading, although she couldn't quite focus as the thunder and lightning still rumbled outside.
She turned each page, anxiously folding the paper.
Travis woke up and looked up at the frantic Katelyn next to him.
"Katelyn, are you okay?" He muttered, still slightly asleep.
"I'm fine, you should go back to sleep..." Thunder, shortly followed by lightning, struck again, Katelyn jumped, tearing the page of her book.
"Katelyn, are you afraid of storms...?" Travis asked.
Katelyn just stayed silent as she looked away, "you think I'm weak, don't you?" She mumbled.
Travis sat up and grabbed Katelyn's chin, turning her to be facing him.
"Katelyn and weak shouldn't even be in the same sentence... well, unless you're saying 'Katelyn is not weak.'"
She giggled at such a Travis like line.
"Can you stay up with me...?" She muttered.
Travis nodded, "of course, Blueberry."
She smiled and worded "thank you."
"So, Katie, are you actually scared of storms?" He asked.
"Yes, it's just the ones at night though. I would've gone downstairs because I didn't want to bother you, but..." She began to trail off.
"But?" Travis asked.
She sighed, "but, I didn't want to be alone."
Lightning from outside brightened up the dark room. Katelyn clutched her book as tight as she could. Travis couldn't help it, he had to hug her.
She embraced the hug and rested her head onto his shoulder.
"I'm sorry for acting like a baby." She muttered.
"Blueberry-"
Katelyn leaned up and gently kissed him.
She pulled away and jumped off of the bed.
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me..." Her face turned bright red. She grabbed her book and ran downstairs.
"Wait! Katelyn!" Travis called. He caught up to her and grabbed her arm.
He turned her around as even more thunder growled outside.
"Katelyn..." He couldn't put what he needed to say into words... only actions.
Their lips connected. Katelyn rested her hands onto Travis' cheeks, as he held her arms.
"T-Travis, I-"
"Blueberry, I love you." Travis interrupted quickly.
"Travis!" Katelyn jumped.
"Right... I shouldn't have said that. That was so stupid, I ruined a perfect moment didn't I?"
"Travis, no." She wrapped her arms around his neck and looked into his green eyes.
"...I love you, too."
"Oh thank Irene." He sighed, "wanna go back to bed?" He suggested.
"Phew, what a pickup line" She laughed.
"Katelyn, you know that's not what I meant." He replied.
"I know, Trav. Back to bed?"
Travis nodded, then wrapped his arm around her shoulders, as she wrapped her arms around his abdomen. The thunder and lightning outside echoed through the beach house, causing Katelyn to tighten her embrace around Travis. He looked down at her and smiled.
They got back up to their room and separated as they comfortably got back into their bed.
"Travis... do you want to get rid of the pillows that um separate the bed sides...?" Katelyn suggested. They had put pillows in the middle of the bed so that it could be like two separate beds.
"Sure..." they threw the pillows off of the bed and began to laugh.
They laid back down. Travis gave Katelyn another kiss on the forehead.
"Thank you." Katelyn muttered.
"For what?"
"For not hating me."
Travis laughed, "who could ever hate you?"
"A lot of people."
Travis wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her close to him.
"Well, Katelyn, I love you, and I hope that's what matters." He remarked.
"It is, Trav. It is." She snuggled into his chest as thunder blared outside.
"Are you still scared, Blueberry?" Travis softly asked.
"No..." she smiled, "not with you holding me."
"Good."
There they laid, in each other's arms, happily. Neither thought that such a situation could ever happen... but they're happy it did.