The One With The Kick in The Ass

A.N. Vellichor ends soon. And I wasn't going to originally, but if it was wanted I would be willing to write a follow up anthology series. It would involve interconnected one shots with kayla, kelley, the kids and everyone in the series really. I would probably even delve into grandchildren. So, do you guys want that? If so, what would you like to see?

Also, I'm writing a hope x reader abo book, so be on the lookout for that.

~•~
Always on the edge of something. Always on the edge of wondering why.

Y

es. Hope knew exactly what would greet her when she entered her livingroom. But that didn't change the fact that she was hoping and praying the nightmare she was living would be just that, a nightmare.

"Do you know what vellichor means?"

Oh, no. This is unfortunately very real. Her prayers remained unanswered as she crossed the threshold. Being met with the ever increasingly pitiful sight of her best friend (on a good day) laying precariously across her brown leather couch.

"Not this shit again."

She rubbed her face in attempt to swipe away her tiredness or rub off her skin so she could be carted away to the hospital and away from whatever it was Kelley was doing. Whichever came first would work really.

"It's that feeling you get when in a used bookstore."

"I very genuinely hate you." Hope sat down on the coffee table. Her head in her hands.

"I feel like vellichor."

"Our whole friendship is a joke."

"I don't think I can go on like this."

'Me neither.' Hope thought idly.

"I fucked your mom."

"What?"

"Now that I have your attention, how long are you going to sleep on my couch?"

"I dont know."

"You're making the house smell like assholery and desperation. Go apologize, have make up sex with your wife. Get her pregnant again for all I care, seems to be your kink anyway."

"You don't get it."

"Neither do you. She's sick right now. You know as well as I do that you're not supposed to stay more than three days away from your omega at once."

Kelley fidgeted. The guilt about that was eating away at her, but she wasnt anything if not stubborn.

"Abby is there, she should be fine."

"Are you trying to convince me or yourself. So, she fucked another alpha 20 years ago. But she mated with you. Get. Over. It. And. Get. Out. Of my. House."

Hope pointed toward the door with a firm finger, not in the least bit surprised when Kelley only sat up slowly.

"Do you think she hates me?" She asked softly. She stared at her phone. No missed calls from Kayla, because she hadn't been calling. No missed calls from her children, because for them, Kelley would always answer. Several missed calls from Kayla's mom. Kelley was borderline terrified of her and was making it a mission not to interact with the older woman.

"Kayla? No. She knows you to well to hate you. She knows you're stupid and absolutely shit at handling your feelings."

"I am stupid. I'm so fucking stupid. I love her so nuch that even til this day I get so confused as to why she picked me. And why she's continued to pick me every year since. I'm stupid and a hypocrite and a coward."