above you

We arrived at the studio and immediately I looked through the music and listened to the demos to get a feel for the song. The lyrics were good but they could be better. I added some adjustments and took it to Elijah. "What do you think" I was anxious, it was either really shit or really good.
"This is fucking amazing ari" he whispered, tracing my writing along the page. "I still don't get why you gave up writing".
"I needed a break, I was writing out of force not because it meant something to me." i huffed.
"I get it, I do, but really you need to get back in the studio. Wasted talent, princess" he smirked.
"yeah yeah, well i'm here now." I ruffled the top of his hair before heading over to the producers and explaining the new lyrics. They nodded, and smiled after I explained my new ideas to them.

We finished recording after a few hours, it was actually pretty easy working with Elijah. The song was basically finished, it just needed a little bit of editing and it would be finalised by Wednesday - 2 days before the release. "thank you guys", i waved, smiling at the producers and the amazing team Elijah had. We left the studio around 6 and by the time we got home, it was 7. Nico and Kota pulled into the driveway the same time as us. "Oh. My. God" I yelled before embracing them both into the biggest hug i've ever given. Daphne and Liv were irreplaceable. Nico and Kota still mean the world to me.
"We've missed you ariii" Kota yelled before jumping on my back. Kota was also gay. He came out when he was like 10 though. Nico was less public about it and was still very uneasy about the whole world knowing his sexuality. "Hey Elijah" they smirked before pulling Elijah into a small side hug and we went inside.

"How was your flight" I smiled before popping out a bottle of champagne.
"good, not to long either" Nico replied before grabbing four glasses from the cupboard. "When do you leave?" Kota chirped in. They came here for work related stuff but we arranged to stay at the same house as each other. "well, I'm meant to leave tomorrow but Elijah has a Calvin Klein shoot so I might stay a little longer to hang with you guys. and fly back with him" I replied, looking at Elijah for approval. He just smirked and nodded.

Currently, Nico, Dakota and I were sat on my bed listening to Spotify and going through our socials. "So..Ari, you and Elijah?" Kota giggled before pouting his lips gesturing a kiss. "Hell no" I playfully pushed him back.
"He's right you know, the way he looks at you, that doesn't mean you like him back but he's in love" Nico butted in. I mumbled "no way. It's Elijah" to which they just nodded suspiciously. "I can't with you two" i smirked before grabbing a pillow and smacking them it. I had created a pillow fight, Elijah joined in and we all just continued before my arms couldn't take it anymore and I headed to my room. I wasn't ever tired, my arms were just exhausted. I decided i wasn't going to get to sleep anytime soon so I called an Uber and asked him to take me to the nearest Starbucks and wait outside for 2 minutes. I ordered a hot chocolate and got back in the Uber before heading home. Eventually, I got to sleep.

The next day, I got up at 11. I showered and let my hair air dry before applying my natural makeup. I sent in all my footage to the vogue headquarters. Yesterday, I had managed to film, my morning routine, the vogue shoot, lunch with Elijah, the studio and reuniting with Nico and Kota as well as our pillow fight. I also filmed my late night Starbucks trip and decided on sending that in to be edited. I searched the entire house for Elijah, Nico and Kota but they had already left for work stuff. I pulled out my phone to message Elijah. As I opened my phone, I was bombarded with messages, from pretty much everyone in my life, the elites, Harry, Nico and Kota, Mom and dad, my older brother William. even Kylie and Kendall, asking if I was okay. I was so confused until I opened twitter.

It was weird

It was weird. He was replying to my statement i made to the hollywood fix yesterday, he didn't even need me to expose him and ruin his father's business, he was doing that all by himself. I had gained so much support from all my followers but also a lot of hate. I didn't want to be that celebrity who got in a twitter feud for no reason so I called my manager, Meghan.

"should I address it Meg?" I sighed, this was something I didn't need, especially being in LA, paparazzi were popular here.
"I spoke to your father, he agrees that you shouldn't expose him but you should address it indirectly. So don't retweet and don't mention his name. Basically just quote him. Nothing too scandalous Ari." she replied, basically giving me the approval. I messaged the elites who had already prepared, apparently they were just waiting for me to wake up. This wasn't too scandalous...right?

right?

That was it

That was it. There was no going back. There was the option to sit back and do nothing, not lower to his level but our family's reputation would be ruined. Some could consider it immature, but the time was right, he asked for it. We all clapped back, not just me. strength in numbers. This was the only tweet though, he could reply with anything and none of us were going to engage. We decided on that one tweet and if we were asked to speak on the situation, we would say something similar to "We aren't friends with Hayden and that's all we have to say, Each of us wish his father the best". We wanted to be able to speak about Hayden freely but keeping his dad and the business out of it.

Elijah got back before Nico and Kota. I was a mess. I was in sweats, and i hadn't gotten out of bed unless it was to grab the ice cream. My eyes were puffy due to constant crying about memories of Hayden resurfacing and the mix of hate and love coming through my social platforms. Elijah made his way up to my room and his face dropped when he saw the state I was in. "ari, fucks sake, I shouldn't have left you this morning" he whispered under his breath before rushing over to my bed and sitting down next to me. He held me in his arms as I nuzzled my face against his chest, his hoodie was now wet because of my crying but he didn't care. He just pushed the hair gently out of my face, behind my ear and stayed with me until I fell asleep. He went down stairs and explained everything to Nico and Kota. They had blocked Hayden last year and didn't even realise what had gone on today. They had a party they had to attend tonight that wouldn't finish until 2am so they decided on staying at a hotel closer to the venue. Elijah promised them he would look after me and make sure i didn't do anything stupid. I felt safe with him.