dead

TW: self harm/abuse
It was 6am before the elites burst through my bedroom door, making both Elijah and I groan out to them before realising our current state. We were wrapped between the blankets, our limbs tangled together and our faces slowly lifted analysing each of our friends faces. It wasn't until my phone beeped, reminding me of the picture of Elijah and I, that I realised why they looked so..angry? disappointed? confused? We were planning on telling them everything this morning, but obviously the paparazzi had beat us to it.

"Guys, we can explain" I pleaded, hoping they would give us a chance to explain. They just burst out laughing before jumping on to our bed. "Ari, we don't really care, I'm just glad you've finally admitted it" Luca smirked before embracing me into a hug, Elijah's warmth quickly being replaced with Lucas wet hair. This is why I love my friends. They were so understanding and realised we weren't quite yet ready to tell them yet so they just accepted it and we moved on. Although they insisted we didn't have to explain ourselves to them, we still felt the need and that made them even happier for us. The only problem now was the public and perhaps Hayden. My abusive ex-boyfriend.

We had gotten out of bed and dressed ready for some jet skiing, currently sat in the kitchen when the door bell rang. Elijah sprang up from the breakfast bar announcing that he would get the door. He called Rory over once he opened it, but told the rest of us to stay here. It wasn't until I turned that I saw Hayden Scott fighting in the kitchen with Rory and Elijah. Grunting and the sound of fists colliding with skin made me nervously scream begging for them to stop. It wasn't until Luca intervened that the fighting had stopped. "Hayden why are you here" I blurted out, interrupting the awkward silence that lingered in the room. "I saw the photo" he snarled looking in between Elijah and I. I was quite confused because we were broken up. "And" Elijah shrugged, "what is it to you?". "Were you hooking up when we were dating ari?" he yelled.

I cringed at him using a nickname only my inner circle call me. "Hayden not that you have any right to even ask that, but no. Unlike you, I don't cheat on people, better yet I don't hit them." I was still quite confused as to what he was doing here but before I had time to finish screaming at him a fist collided with my face and everything went black. I woke up to an empty bed and yelling downstairs. I could make out each voice, Hayden, Elijah, Luca, Rory, Daphne, Olivia. I was exhausted of the constant pain I got thinking of Hayden. The unsafe feeling brewing in my stomach whenever someone raised a hand at me. The nightmares I was unable stop. I rushed to the bathroom dissecting the razor, carelessly pulling out the blade. I pulled of my bracelet and pressed the sharp metal into my wrists, over the healed scars. The stinging over my skin. running through my veins was a pain i wanted to feel again, needed to feel. The things I felt on the inside were distracted from my the cuts i made on my self on the outside. That's all it was, a distraction

The voices downstairs had stopped and I heard the front door slam. Hayden had left. Elijah's footsteps startled me and before i had time to get rid of the blade, he burst into my bathroom, his eyes immediately scanning over my bloody wrists. "No, not again, no, no, NO" he yelled, gently placing my wrists in the sink basin and grabbing a towel he had dampened. I could sense he was stressing out by the shaking of his hands and the cracks in his voice. "It's okay, you're okay, i'm okay." I reassured him placing my bloody hands on the side of his cheek. He finished treating my wrists before picking me up, as you would a small toddler with either leg wrapped around his lower torso and my arms connected around his neck. I nuzzled my face into his neck and he replaced my bloody clothes with one of his t-shirts, his scent still lingering. His arms wrapped around my waist and we fell asleep once again and with our limbs tangled in each other's.

The next morning, I woke up at 5am. I clambers out of bed, careful not to wake Elijah and threw on a bikini and some shorts. Luca was in the kitchen waiting for me and we headed out to the private beach to surf. I was slightly concerned because the paparazzi obviously knew of our location since Hayden and released it to the several news outlets. We had been surfing for around 3 hours, before we decided to get out and walk over to a small cafe for breakfast. Unfortunately once our food arrived, paparazzi had gathered around the exit waiting for us to come out. After paying, I grabbed Luca's arm and we walked out. "Luca when are you going to make it official with Daphne?" "Adrianna are the rumours about you and Elijah true?" Many more questions were asked whick we just ignored and climbed into Luca's jeep. Usually, we are friendly toward the paparazzi but since it is our holiday and the questions being asked were invading our privacy, we politely pushed passed and blanked every single person.