painful love

It had officially been 3 days since the news about Elijah had gone public. It was on every newspaper, every billboard and trending on literally everything. Nobody had heard anything from Elijah. No text, no call, no contact. I was hurt. But deep down I knew he had some explanation. Some reason that could be worth all the pain and anger he caused me and the elites. Fiona had issued a statement to the paparazzi saying it was a one time thing, and that they were just friends. Something about the situation seemed..strange. Staged even.

I had just got off the phone to room service when his name popped up on my screen.

I didn't want to see him

I didn't want to see him. I was more mad at myself for feeling so happy when the notification came through. After everything he put me through this week, I still hoped he was okay. That he was safe. The vacation was in 2 days. Tomorrow would be the last day to sort everything out before leaving for the airport. I didn't sleep well that night. To start with, I couldn't sleep because I was sat thinking about Elijah. Then when I finally fell asleep, I woke up to one of my nightmares involving Hayden.

In the morning, I got up before my alarm, showered made myself a coffee and was ready by 10. By the time I had eaten breakfast and cleaned my teeth, I was ready to leave. As the doors opened into the city, I scrambled into my Lamborghini that the chauffeur had parked by the entrance and drove to the café. I was a couple minutes late so the entire group was already there. I slid myself into the booth and in my peripheral vision, saw Elijah staring at me. His glare alone made squirm in my seat. my stomach did back flips as his face softened at the sadness in my eyes.

"So, where do we start?" Rory awkwardly started the conversation. Elijah let out a sigh and started from the very beginning. "I was out with my manager and she left to go to the bathroom. Fiona took that opportunity and decided to quickly take Gianna's chair. At first, she was just pleasant and friendly. But after the original small talk was over, she demanded that I kiss her. Of course I said no, but she threatened me. Fiona somehow had something on each on every one of you. Rory, Luca and I, our vandalism. Daphne, Adrianna Olivia, your shoplifting. And she knows about Hayden.". Olivia and Daphne and I shoplifted one time because we 'wanted to live a little'. The boys had vandalised for the same reason, but Hayden abusing me. That was something we all could never get over. Everything started to click and I realised Elijah had to kiss Fiona to protect us. To protect me.

It was around 8pm when we left the café. Everything had been sorted out and all was forgiven. Elijah payed the bill and we all left. I had gone to the bathroom and realised it started to rain. Before I had reached my car, I was soaking wet from the heavy rain and I heard Elijah yell from behind me. The café had closed and the parking lot was empty. He offered me his jacket and I bluntly rejected him. I wasn't fully over everything. He could clearly tell.

"Ari, you're still 'off' with me. What is it" Elijah stepped closer to me. I took a step back.
"it's nothing, see you tomorrow" I turned around but was stopped by his hand snaking around my waist.
"Just talk to me" He yelled, becoming more and more infuriated.
"fine. You really want to know. I'm not mad at you Elijah. I'm mad at myself. Mad at myself for hating you when you were trying to protect me. Mad at myself for the jealousy I felt when I saw the headline. Mad at myself for not telling you how I feel. Elijah i'm mad at my self because I have, and always will fucking love you." So there I was, angry-declaring my love for Elijah Saint Laurent in a café parking lot in the rain. I think I was crying but it was raining so much I couldn't tell. We stood there, in silence for a few minutes, not breaking eye contact. I had just processed what I said and quickly started grabbing the keys from my pocket but once again, I was stopped by Elijah.

"I love you too" he smirked before his lips came crashing down on mine. It didn't take long for my body to react and I started passionately kissing him back. His teeth tugged on my lips, begging his tongue for entrance. I had my hands tangled through his wet hair and he had lifted me up to the hood of my Lamborghini, and was laying on top of me. I broke the kiss, leaving us both completely frustrated and flustered. Once our breathing returned to normal, Elijah removed his jacket and wrapped it around my shivering shoulders. cliché I know. We both opened the door to my car and I started the engine. Part of me wanted to drive around New York city in circles to make sure the night would never end, but we ended up going back to my apartment.

I unlocked the door and kicked my shoes off before grabbing myself a glass of water.
"I think I need a cold shower after that" Elijah cocked his eyebrow and winked at me. I just rolled my eyes before handing him a glass. "No but for real, i'm going to shower my love". He smiled at me and gave me a quick peck. This made my heart stop and goosebumps form on my arms. I embraced him into a hug and nuzzled my face into his neck. I lightly sucked and tugged at the skin. A bruise had already started forming and I quickly smirked at the hickey I had just made. "Who knew Adrianna Kingsley was such a bad girl" He smirked and started making his way to the shower. His scent lingered all over me since I was wearing his jacket that I never wanted to take it off. However, I was freezing and decided to change into shorts and one of Elijah hoodies he kept here. "taking my clothes already?" Elijah questioned leaning on the frame off the door with grin plastered on his face.
"I can take it off if you want" I replied defensively.
"No it looks better on you anyway" he smiled before removing his top and diving into my bed. I admired every muscle of his godly sculpted torso using my eyes and watched his every move. I quickly moved my eyes from his body so he wouldn't catch me starting at him. Didn't want to fill his ego even more. I snuggled up to him and fell asleep wrapped in his arms, our legs tangled together, and my head resting on his chest. I felt safe.

————————————————————————————

so that happened. just wait for the vacation😏.
took them long enough lmao.
also thanks for 4.22k ily.
k bye.