Count on me🎵

THIRD PERSON'S POV:

Rose was dressed in a modest blue cottage core dress, it came a little above her knees and showed a moderate amount of cleavage. Her hair was done in a crown around her head. She had kept her makeup to a minimum and stained her lips a soft pinkish color. Eric looked at her hungrily from the dining table while she arranged the plates.

The stare was enough to make her flinch but she dare not do so with Amy around. Her dad was about to come back home. 

Amy came down the stairs wearing an emerald green colored dress. It hugged her curves just right but the dress wasn't much fitting for a family dinner. Eric wore an olive suit with peach pants and a white shirt.

 Just then they heard the screech of tires on the gravel outside. Their dad was home.

                                 Rosette's Dress

                          Amy's Dress.

                   Eric's Suite

"Is everything ready dear?" Dad came into the room, smiling, and looked at all of us

"Yes, dad everything looks lavish and delicious here. I don't think anyone can tell differently" Eric said while smirking at Rose.

Her dad, Mr. Caden Carter looked at Amy and Rose and said "You two ladies look beautiful, but there will be another beauty with us tonight."

Just then she noticed that someone in the shadows of the curtains moved and came out in the light.

The color from her face drained out. She became so pale that someone could have mistaken her for a sculpture. The knots in her stomach tightened so much that it hurt.

Libelle. What the hell was she doing here? She was wearing a pink dress with flowers on it ,it made her look like a little fairy. Belle came running to her and hugged her so tight that she crèche her dress. But none of that mattered right now. 

Rose squeezed her back tightly . Her sister was like a wildflower, small beautiful, and always blooming. Her face was so much like hers the sturdy little nose, the brown hair the sharp jawline, but her eyes were different, she had our father's eyes, blue like the ocean, stormy and cute. She was an inch or two shorter than Rose. But in Rosette's eyes she was prettier, always had been. 

Belle's hair was shorter, she liked it that way, till her shoulders, but Rose's hair was long, they fell in soft curls till her waist.

        Belle's Dress.

She pulled back softly and asked, "What are you doing here sister?"

"That's not the best way to say I missed you"

Rose smiled despite herself, "Weren't you supposed to be studying"

"Don't worry I won't bother you for long, I am just staying for the night, tomorrow I'm going back"

The knots in her stomach eased out a little.

But her eyes wandered to her stepfamily, Eric's face was delighted like a child who got a new toy, and Amy was looking at them with pure distaste on her face.

Rose held Belle's hand and excused themselves into the kitchen. Belle knew everything that happened in that house to Rose . She hated to see her sister suffer. She had so many times asked Rose to run away with her or tell dad, But Rose never agreed.

Her dad was seldom at home, and most of the expense of the family was controlled by Amy, who had threatened her to cut down Belle's tuition fees if Rose dared do anything. 

Rose couldn't even bring herself to imagine her sister in that house

Belle stood at the side of the fridge looking at her sister. Though her name meant roses, she had to put up with so many thorns.

Belle's eyes filled up and tears started flowing down her soft cheeks, Rose turned around to offer her a glass of water but seeing her crying rushed to her.

"What's wrong baby, they please, tell me, did anyone bully you, did anyone say something, what's wrong?" but she kept sobbing. "Please, I beg you talk to me, Belle. Did I do anything wrong? I'm sorry"

There were so many things Belle felt guilty about, she felt that she was the reason her sister's life was this, that she was the reason why Rose had to go through this every day of her life .. but she knew that these words would break her sister..

That these words would hurt her soul, so instead she said

"Why didn't you come to visit me, I missed you like crazy, Why-." Her throat closed and she couldn't say anything else.

"oh my sweet little girl, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," she said while cradling her in a hug.

When she let go of Belle's face had become so red from crying, that Rose broke into a soft laugh, Belle watched her sister as she tipped her head upwards and her soft voice bubbled up her laugh. Belle couldn't help smile, How could she be such an angel while living in hell?