Chasing_(demo)🎵

Chapter

Rosette had never liked visiting hospitals. She did not remember when this dislike started, was it after her mom died or just the childhood memories of needles and bitter medicines? The smell of death and disinfectants repulsed her.

She was having a hard time keeping her breakfast down. "1720.. 1720..20" she mumbled as she navigated the white corridors trying to find Libelle's room.

1719 came into view and just a door ahead was 1720. She knocked once before clicking open the latch.

"Peach I'm here." She said as her eyes landed on the girl sitting on the bed with her leg in a cast.

"Rosy!" Belle called, "I thought you were so mad that you won't come." Her eyes were puffy with crying.

Rose raised the box of chocolate covered strawberries and smiled, "I'm not that cruel."

She took off her coat as she gave the box to Libelle and sat on the chair beside the bed.

Libelle had already opened the box and popped one of the strawberries in her mouth. Rose pressed her palms to Belle's face and raised it to face her,

"Let me take a look first." She said as she examined her stuffed face.

"I'm all good." She mumbled. Indeed she was, except for a red swelling on her cheek bone, everything seemed fine.

Rose brushed a careful finger on the bruise, "Tell me what happened exactly." She ordered her.

Rose was hardly ever impolite but she wasn't the one who would tolerate Belle hurting herself due to her stupidity.

Belle had been one of those fiery kids in school. Detention was a habit for her. Her hobbies were as much of a trouble as she was, the girl who played soccer in a skirt just to piss the pt teachers off and the girl who put glue on the teachers chair only to get caught.

And here she was sniffling like everytime. No matter how much trouble she made, she could never bear Rose's anger. All the rivers came splashing down from those round eyes.

She rubbed her nose with the back of her hands and started to explain her guilt, not that she felt guilty.

"Someone asked me if I wanted to go see bike racing and I agreed but at the last moment he called it off so I went alone.. I was planning to sit around silently but this girl came out of nowhere and said I was checking out her boyfriend..." she stopped and looked down.

"And?" Rosette prodded her cheek with a finger.

"He looked like an overboiled cabbage with tattoos" she protested, "plus he was eyeing me the whole time and I even tried telling her that but that dumb bi—," she was about to curse but cleverly changed it "-scuit, pulled my hair, so I umm.. might've given her a smacking or two."

Rose sighed and ruffled her open hair,

"Who did you make this plan with?" She asked.

"With..." She trailed off.

"With Rowan, right?" Rose said smiling mockingly.

"How did you know?" she asked, her eyes widening to the size of baseballs.

"Who else will dare take your troubling ass to a bike race." She answered.

"Right." Belle nodded her agreement. "I agreed to go with him but then he bailed out on me for some girl. I'm PISSED." She fumed stuffing another strawberry into her face.

"You like him, don't you?" Rose smiled while picking out a strawberry for herself.

Belle choked on the strawberry, and coughed,