Violent🎵

Chapter

The evening was a blur of fake, soft laughs and gentle hellos. Keeping that smile on was harder than it looked.

I learned that some of the women accompanying the rich men were also prostitutes and sugar babies. I got a few hostile looks from the ladies here and there, I avoided them the best I could. Caelum was a natural. He did the talking and complimenting effortlessly.

We had just finished talking about the furniture deal to The Wilsons, when someone said,

"Long time no see Rosette." I went taut. This voice.

Caelum turned around turning me with him.

Behind us stood a man in a white shirt and grey pants holding a champagne glass  with one hand while the other, in his pocket. His blond hair gelled slick back and his blue eyes eyeing me.

Jacob.

Didn't Thomas and Katy say that he wont be coming?!

Caelum glanced at me, "And who might this be?" he asked, his face an unreadable rock.

Jacob brought a hand to his heart. "I'm sorry Mr. White, I didn't quite see you. I am Jacob, Rosette's –,"

I cut him off without thinking, scared of what he might say, "Acquaintance.. We were in the same department." Caelum raised an eyebrow at my snapping but kept the same face

Jacob smirked. He knew what he had caused me to remember.

"Hello brother." Noah. "I hope I'm not interrupting anything." He came into view, wearing a sky blue coat with a sliver bow.

Caelum did not move his eyes from Jacob.

"Not at all. I was just taking my leave." Jacob said as he gave a small bow and disappeared into the crowd.

Noah stood in front of Caelum. "Can you stop looking like a dracula. I'm afraid you will scare the quests away." he snapped

Caelum glared at him. I was trying my best to hold in my laugh.

"What?! Just stating the facts." Noah raised his hands in protest.

Caelum's expression softened a bit.

"You look stunning ,sister." Noah complimented me while grabbing a glass of champagne from a staff distributing it, and handing it to Caelum.

I beamed, "Thank you, Noah"

He looked at Caelum, "Now, if you'll excuse me, I would love ask your lovely lady for a dance." He offered me a hand.

I looked between the brothers, Caelum sighed softly and said, "Don't make trouble."

I took Noah's hand as we glided onto the dance floor giggling.

......................

On the dance floor, Noah was flawless. He swept me with him to the beats and strings of music. His body floated like a drop of water in a flowing river.

"You dance beautifully Noah." I couldn't help but compliment him.

"Thanks." His eyes twinkling, "I have been dancing since quite an early age."

"So you took lessons?" I asked, an attempt of making small talk.

"Yes, I learnt ballet, salsa, hiphop, folk dances and I'd rather not mention the ones Caelum made me take." He grinned.

He was devilishly handsome, and charm flowed like smooth  wine when he talked. I guess it ran in the family.

"You're so beautiful." I whispered.