EPILOGUE

Chapter

The afternoon had ripened into a splendid evening, turning the golden, blazing ball of fire, to a merry orange that lit the clouds pink.

It was a happy day today. Rosette felt like she was walking on a rainbow. She felt so full will all the love she found herself capable to give and receive. Sitting down on the sofa wrapped in Caelum's warm embrace, breathing felt so easy.

The two sat in front of the television with coffee and pastries, huddled together.

FRIENDS was playing on the television. Rosette's head rested on Caelum's chest while his knuckles caressed her cheeks lightly.

Seeing her so invested in the television show Caelum said, "Rachel's hot."

Rosette nodded, "Yup. She sure is."

Caelum's hand stopped, "Wait, do I have to watch out for women as well?" he asked. He had been expecting a pout or an unhappy remark. He wanted to see her jealous.

Rosette's eyes were still on the TV screen, "Not really," she replied, unknowingly sliding her palm on his chest, "But this entire cast is hot."

She giggled lightly at one of Joey's lame jokes.

Caelum exhaled heavily 'and tackled Rosette on the sofa, kissing and pecking her lips, "You are not allowed to be attracted to anyone but me." He said.

Rosette, who was pinned against the sofa, surprised by the sudden change of positions, broke out laughing.

She placed her bandaged fingers on his cheeks and laughed more. His jealousy seemed so lovable.

Caelum could not stay pouting and serious when she was laughing so merrily, laughing like a metaphor he was trying to write for years. He smiled softly at her. Her cheeks flushing slowly due to the bright laughter.

"Guess who's gonna regret laughing at me?" he whispered as he kissed her lightly. She still laughed.

"I won't regret anything." She replied as her arms hung idly on his neck. Her eyes glittered with childish happiness.

He tickled her waist a little, "Yeah?"

She laughed louder and clearer. When had he heard her laugh this way?

She was laughing as they kissed and kissed again. There is no better taste than someone's laughter in your mouth. But then he abruptly stopped.

Rosette seemed confused, "What's the problem?" she asked.

"The problem is," he said as he leaned in, "If I kiss you any longer, I don't think I'll be able to stop."

Butterflies flew all over her body as the warmth rushed down to her core. They had been at it all morning and had done it again after lunch.

Rosette's body was sore and licked all over with hickeys and love bites, and here was her man, nuzzling her neck again waiting to be allowed to devour her again.

She placed her palms flat on his chest and pushed him away, "Absolutely not." She shook her head in negative, "My body will break if we do it again."

He sighed and pulled away and gently scooped her back into his embrace, "Then let's entertain ourselves by watching Monica and Chandler try to keep it under wraps."

"Yeah." She replied smiling into his chest, inhaling his warmth which felt and no less addictive than weed.

Caelum took a sip of his coffee when the doorbell rang.