Small world

THIRD PERSON'S POV:

Caelum entered his house to find grams sitting on the sofa, he went straight to her and hugged her.

She was the only woman who had loved him through all thick and thin, "I get it, my little boy had a tough day at work." He was thankful to the ice pack to erase the marks from his face.

"Yes." Was all he said.

"Don't you want to know why I am here."

He broke the hug and looked at his grams, that's right grams never came to his house, she always asked him to come to her. What was going on?

"Is everything okay grams?" he was searching her face for any signs of illness, but grams looked happier than ever today. "I have come here for a very good reason, that you may or may not like, so I need you to sit down and listen to me and give me an honest opinion."

I sat down beside her on the sofa, she pulled out an envelope from her handbag and kept it on the glass table in front of her. "Coming straight to the point, I want you to get married," he looked at her, he had had this conversation many times with her. He was ready to get up when she said.

"Dare you run away this time, at least listen to me." She made a pleading face, the one she knew he won't be able to refuse. "you've had many affairs and rumors in the past few years but now it's time for you to get married, you are already twenty nine and have so much stress, don't you think it would be better to have a partner at your side?" Caelum was about to say no when grams said.

"Do you want me to die without even witnessing your marriage, I am so weak, I might die tomorrow-,"

"Fine grams, but for that I have to find a bride, do you think I have time for that."

"Oh my boy, you don't have to do the hard work." She said reaching for the envelope. She opened it with a big smile on her face and took out a picture of a girl, Caelum was just looking at her grams half heartedly, but when he saw whose picture it was, he was shocked.

Rosette!

"I saw the way you looked at her at the dinner, I was shocked to see you taking interest in her. But she was really an eye catching girl. She was pretty and modest. But poor girl lost her mother at a very young age , and doesn't seem to be liked by her step mom." Grams smile had become sympathetic.

Caelum took the envelope and pictures from grams hands without even realizing. He looked at the many pictures his grams had brought, in most pictures it looked as if a smile was pasted on her face...

But in one of them, she was laughing, her eyes clear and playful with her head tipped slightly upwards, it was an old picture, probably of her teenage years, her hair were lose but weren't as long as they were now, they fell till her chest and the soft curve of her lips was parted in a big smile, showing her teeth.

For a long minute Caelum forgot all that happened in the office, but then everything flashed in front of him like a picture.

"Fine, I'll get married to her." He said ,an evil smile spreading across his face .

"I knew it, I knew the minute you looked at her that she was going to be my bride. I'm gonna go make some preparations, take rest" saying this she got up and started to leave but then she turned around and said, "I almost forgot, your diner is on the dining table, eat well and sleep early." She then walked away leaving Caelum to the pictures and his thoughts.

"What a small world my dear Rose, guess who is going to be your husband?" he whispered to himself while looking at the most recent picture.