Before Him

The day I met William I thought my life would have ended. He saved me from myself, and for that, I could never thank him enough. Growing up as a child my life was perfect. My father would come home from work and kiss my mother on the cheek, we would eat dinner then they would both tuck me in at night. Like all couples they had a few arguments here and there,but they always made up. My mother used to tell me that their love was infinite and that nothing could ever tear them apart. But this was before him, and you cant live in a fairy tale you're whole life.

When I turned 13 my mother was diagnosed with cancer, but she never cried in front of me. She always kept her head held high and told me ' Keep you're head up because god gives his hardest battles to his strongest soldiers' . I've never forgotten this. The doctors only gave her 3 months to live, but 2 days after my 14th birthday was the day she passed. The sky never looked more dull then the night she collapsed in our living room after insisting she spend her final days in the comfort of our home with her family.

My father was never the same afterwards. He started coming home later and later each night. When he came home he was drunk, and didn't even look in my direction. Eventually he just stopped coming home altogether. He would pay the bills and send me a monthly check of 500 dollars to buy things I needed like food, or if I didn't need all of it I put half in savings for college.

I never recovered from her death. I went into a dark depression, and it became worse when I realized my dad was never coming home. I would spend my days reading countless books and listening to music because I found cable to be a waste of money I could use for better things.

This all led up to the day when I finally decided it wasn't worth it anymore. I was about to jump off of dead mans cliff when I heard the most alluring voice, but just when I was about to turn. I slipped off.