o9; dance

Loud smackings echo throughout the gym as balls bounced across the small court. A large group of boys seated around their coach and teacher as they explain upcoming games, practices and trips to be taken. For many of the teenagers, the words spoken to them by their superiors fly around and over their head as they're unable to take in the necessary information whether it's due to the immense boredom, or the excitement of their upcoming plans.

For Sugawara, his mind is in multiple places now.

He can still see her clearly in his mind on the cold night as she subtly confessed her feelings to him, earning his in return. These were not romantic feelings like the ones spoken to lovers in cheesy romance novels or the best friends who only kiss on the last episode, but instead the turmoils of their lives: one desperately needing help while not receiving it, and the other desperately trying to get help but not knowing how.

He remembers the way each strand of hair blew along with the wind, some brushing against his pale cheeks as they talked. He remembers the way her fingers instinctively tugged at her clothes as voices were raised and feelings were said. He remembers the way she looked at him with her (e/c)-eyes, red marking underneath them as a clear indication of the crying she had been doing alone before he arrived. He remembers the way she walked away from him, so effortlessly as if she hadn't just crushed every last inch of hope he had for her life to be anything but what it already is.

It has been weeks since that night. Small exchanging glances in the hallways and curt nods were the only sign for growth in their so-called 'relationship'. Yes, it was frustrating to him that his effort in the past to befriend the quiet girl was all for not as once the project was sent to the teacher, all casual conversations between the two had stopped.

Eventually, the boys were dismissed by their coach and told to go home for a cold shower and healthy meal: a routine followed by very few of the boys. Their feet dragged behind them as they trailed up the stairs to their club room so they could change clothes before starting the school day.

The team broke off into small group as they walked into the small, dimly lit room, conversing amongst each other while most complained about the harsh volleyball training they were put through daily. The team captain and vice-captain stood beside one another in the corner closest to the door, their backs facing the others on the team as they pulled their wet shirts over their head, exposing damp skin.

"How have you been anyway Suga? You seem lost in thought recently." Suga had always known that their captain was an observant one. He was usually the first to notice when a fight was brewing and the first to tell when the team were losing spirit. Throughout the past few weeks, he had noticed his friend in his little world, brimming with his worries and fears.

"I've been doing okay Daichi. Not as good as I could but a lot is going on..." The noises behind of the rioting boys drown out the mature conversation between the two third-years, allowing them their sense of privacy amongst the busy room. "Yeah, I get that Suga but what's been stressing you out lately? I think even Hinata has noticed your change in mood." Daichi voices out his concerns to his friend as he folds his gym shirt neatly into his bag.

"Well... for starters, we're third year's now. We'll have to apply for colleges now and deciding out futures, what we'll be doing for most of our life, is a big deal. Exams are tedious, especially while keeping up with team practice. I've been working extra hard trying to play in games recently and my mum's been working longer shifts-" Daichi sends a harsh smack to Sugawara's back, leaving a red mark and causing a yelp to escape from his lips. "What was that for?" He whispers yells as to not concern the others.