12; tragedy

Once again, Sugawara has found himself regretting his decision. The small voices inside his head constantly thinking through various what ifs? although usually the outcome still isn't the fairy tale ending that he had dreamed of as a little boy when his mother read stories to him of princes and princesses. Surprisingly pessimistic for an angel of sorts.

He was no a tragedy of any sort. One rejection was not going to drive him to any serious problems although it had embarrassed him. The main issue here was revisiting how he felt when they had stopped talking previously, the same bubbling in his stomach rising again as she walks by him like they were stranger; like he hadn't just confessed to her and like they hadn't just kissed.

Some days when he looked at her he would find small bruises on her neck or wrists: A straight indication of what had happened to her the night before. It worried him endlessly the torment she must go through behind closed doors, no one willing to make the proper move to save her although he signs any better.

The group of boys were changing their clothes, pulling off their sweaty ones if clean ones for their walk home. The routine was one everyone had gotten used to and was becoming second nature as they all desperately wanted to succeed in their volleyball team. The door shut quietly behind them while they walked down in their groups, breaking off into their smaller sections.

"How did it go with (L/n)-san?" Sugawara's friend had an idea of what had happened the night he told him to confess. The way they'd avoided eye contact and how he hadn't talked about her at all was an obvious giveaway. The hazel-eyes boy sighs out exhaustedly bringing his hand to rub the back of his neck, "Not very good Daichi." His eyes stay looking forward, a small circle of darkness rounding under his usually bright eyes.

"I kissed her..." His voice was barely above a whisper causing his friend to have to do a double tale to make sure he fully understood what was just said. They had kissed. In another context, this short phrase may be positive, the uniting of two destined lovers as they finally confess to each other. However, Sugawara's tone did not tell that story.

"She just said 'I'm sorry' and then walked away." The pair weren't used to talking about these kinds of things, instead usually talking about the team, school and family life. Romance was a touchy subject and a taboo one the duo wouldn't normally touch upon. Of course, this led to many walls of silence and questioning glances during their short walk to the shop while Sugawara talked and Daichi listened, unsure as to how he could truly help his friend.

*_*_*_*

She'd wiped the red liquid that oozed from her marks onto the kitchen floor. Pushing through the pain from her bruises she stared at him while he grabbed her another one of his poisonous drinks from the fridge, opening it with a pop before gulping it down like it would be his last.

As soon as he began to walk away she stood up and mentally prepared herself for her almost daily task. A routine which she was all too used to now. Her knees buckled under her weight as she grasped onto the kitchen counter, grunts and gasps leaving her lips. Her hands left bloody stains on the counters, quickly moving to wipe them up with a soapy cloth.

Blood trickled from her nose, lips, and new scars,!oozing out of her in a steady flood. He'd made a few new stories litter her (s/c) skin. It was only cuts and bruises, however, a sign that today was a lucky one.

The door shut behind her forcefully after she was pushed down the steps threatening the tights that wrapped around her legs to stop from her knee scaring against the tiled stairs. Her eyes flared at the door before walking out of her house gate attempting to pay no mind to the drunken eyes watching her from the window.