MBIAW - Chapter Twenty

Saturday, March 28th, 2020

Kina's POV

Someone finally got to Kalisa. She has been blushing since Jayce asked her on a date last night. Of course, she said yes.

With her being a Surgeon, her life is on the hectic side. Kalisa doesn't have time for a relationship, but she wants one. I think it would be cute for her and Jayce to be a couple.

"You haven't been this happy in a while, Kalisa. Jayce is a good guy."

"I haven't been on a date in a while since becoming a surgeon. Of course, I'm going to say yes to a date with Jayce Sterling. Who in their right mind would turn down a date with him?"

"We all know Jayce is getting grilled by dad, Kenard, and Kenton right now?"

"I don't know what for. Jayce already knows the deal. Besides, it's just a date. It's not like anything is going to happen."

"Oh, Jayce knows not to play any games. Kalisa, you never know. My friend Reece is coming for a visit. Reece and Jayce are best friends. Reece is cute too, so if you're not interested in Jayce, check out Reece."

"Wait a minute? Did you say Reece is cute too? That means you think Jayce is cute as well."

"Girl, don't even go there. I am married to Dario and carrying his baby. Of course, Jayce is attractive. I have had to block several women from mobbing him at events. Where are you guys going for your date?"

"We are going to The Waterfront Parlour for dinner. Then, we are going to Club Paramount."

"The Waterfront Parlour is one of the most exclusive restaurants in Miami. You will love it. And, Club Paramount is a popular, celebrity club. You are going to have an awesome night. Dario and David will be going with you guys."

"Thanks, Kina. And, thanks for the outfit."

"You're welcome, sis. You might as well wear it because my belly is about to be huge. Let's go downstairs and rescue Jayce from dad and the boys."

Jayce's POV

I have never felt more intimidated than I do now. Kina's brothers and father are no joke. I hope Kina and Kalisa are coming down the steps soon.

"Dad, Kenard, and Kenton leave Jayce alone," Kina says as she entered the living room.

"We are just doing what any brother or father would do to their daughter or sister's date. He passed, and it better stay that way too, Jayce." Kina's brothers and father left the living room.

"I hope they didn't give you a hard time. My dad and brothers are always like that when any of the Padmore girls go out on dates. "

"Jayce and Kalisa, are you ready?" Dario asks as he walked into the living room.

"A night on the town with Jayce Sterling? Heck yeah. Wait until my doctor friends hear about this."

Kalisa linked her arm with mine as we followed Dario outside.

"We are riding in Kina's Cullinan," Dario says as he opens the passenger doors.

"Yes! Thanks, Dario. I'll thank Kina later."

***********************

Dario parked in front of the restaurant, then opened both passenger doors for us to get out. We then followed David inside the restaurant. I gave the hostess my name then she led us to our table. We started talking while waiting for our waiter.