MBIAW - Chapter Twenty-One

Monday, March 30th, 2020

Kina's POV

We had so much fun yesterday with Mason Myles. He stayed the whole day with us.

I believe Kalisa and Reece are digging each other. They were glued to each other the moment he entered the house.

Me and my nosy self overheard Reece asking Jayce for places to take Kalisa on a date.

My brothers and sisters went shopping for Natalia. When I say my daughter is spoiled, I mean it. I already know Dario's family is going to buy things for her too. Natalia is going to need two rooms.

Bentley, Beau, and Blaze are watching television with me and my mom.

"Mom, I'll be right back." I got up off the couch and walked towards the kitchen. Bentley followed me.

He started whimpering, so I picked him up to carry him. "You do that on purpose.  Don't you?" Bentley rested his head on my chest. My dad was in the kitchen fixing food.

"It smells good in here, daddy."

"Have a seat. I'll fix you something to eat."

I put Bentley down so I could wash my hands. After that, I sat at the table. Bentley jumped in my lap.

My dad made a plate for me. Then, he made a plate for himself. We started eating our lunch together.

"How are you feeling?"

"So far, I'm okay. I have started eating more. And, I even sent Dario on food runs already."

"Before your mom and I leave, we are going to fix you plenty of Jamaican food. And, be nice and share it with Dario."

My dad arched his eyebrows.

"I'll try, daddy."

My dad made jerk chicken, peas and rice, plantains, and beef patties. Yummy. Bentley kept looking at my food. I couldn't give him any of it.

"Dad, can you grab some treats for Bentley?"

"Of course."

The front door opened, so that means my siblings are back from shopping. I'm glad  I got my plate first because we are some greedy kids.

While my dad and I were eating, my sibs entered the kitchen.

"Yes! Thanks, daddy," Kalisa says as she fixes herself a plate. Watch this.

"Where's Reece?"

My sister immediately started blushing.

"Kina, I have no idea what you mean."

My brothers and sisters started chuckling as Reece, Jayce, Dario, and my mom entered the kitchen. Beau and Blaze came too. After Reece fixed his plate, he sat right next to Kalisa.

"Thank you, guys, for shopping Natalia. Reece, thank you too. We sure do not need a baby shower."

"You're welcome, Kina," Reece said first.

"You're welcome, sis. Kina, you should know better than to say that. Grandma is going to have one in Jamaica. And, you know Dario's grandfathers are not taking no for an answer. If they hear you say no baby shower, you'll be in big trouble," Kalisa says and Dario shook his head to agree.

"Kalisa is right. Natalia will be the first great-grandchild in the family. As soon as I called Pops, we already started planning it."

"Oh my gosh! Natalia seriously is going to need two bedrooms."