MBIAW - Chapter 10

Tuesday, July 23rd, 2019

Kina's POV

Dario stepped out of the limo first, then helped me out. Some of his family had an unreadable expression on their faces. His grandparents were smirking though. Dario did say they are the only ones of importance.

Dario started talking in Italian to his grandparents. He did tell me how to greet them in Italian. He also said they can speak some English, but it is limited.

"È così bello conoscerti, Nonna Rosita e Nonno Giovanni." (It is so great to meet you, Nonna Rosita and Nonno Giovanni.)

I hope I said it correctly. I looked to Dario for reassurance. He nodded. Whew.

His Nonna came over to me and drew me into a bear hug. Then, she patted my hips and told Dario something in Italian, "È bellissima, Dario. E, pronto per il piccolo Dario." (She's beautiful, Dario. And, ready for little Dario's.")

I have a feeling of why she patted my hips because Dario was blushing. My grandma and mother say the same thing - that I have child-bearing hips.

"Let's go inside so I can introduce Kina to everyone." We followed Nonna Rosita and Nonno Giovanni inside the house. Dario put down our luggage. Then, we went to a backyard full of his family and homemade Italian food. Yummy. I am going to definitely gain weight while we are here.

"Uh, Dario, is there a weight room or gym nearby? I'm going to need it for our stay here in Italy."

"There's one in the villa you have here on the coast."

"You mean the villa we have. Everything I have is also yours. Always remember that."

"Of course, love. Tonight, we are staying here with the family. Tonight will also be the first party of many. My family likes to party."

"That will not be a problem. My family is the same way. They will be coming in a week."

Dario started whistling. "Okay, Mr. Ginnetti what are you up to?"

He ignored it and started introducing me to his family.

"Uncle Sansone, Aunt Camellia, Aunt Emiliana, Uncle Carmine, Uncle Maricano, and Aunt Marzia this is my bella sposa di essere (beautiful bride to be), Kina. Kina, these are my aunts and uncles on Pop's side."

He wasn't kidding about a big family. Wow. "È così bello incontrare tutti." (It is so great to meet everyone.)

"We do speak English too, nephew. It's nice to meet you, Kina," Aunt Camellia says in her Italian/American accent. I love it. His aunts did the same thing as Dario's Nonna, but they also pinched my cheeks. His uncles had that same, mischievous smirk on the faces and started talking in Italian to Dario as we went to have a seat at the head table with his grandparents.

"We are just waiting for Nonna Ilenia and Nonno Donatello." Dario continued introducing me to his family. They are all so nice and friendly, well at least the ones here. Two of them, Brigitta and Paola, have also exchanged phone numbers so we can all hang out together. I am going to have a great time in Italy.

After a short while, we heard Pops and my, "Mom, dad, brothers, and sisters?!"

"Surprise! We flew in yesterday while you and Dario cruised on your yacht," my dad says. I ran over and gave all of them a big hug.

"Thank you all so much for coming early. How long are you staying?"

"Until we find you the perfect wedding dress. I have a list of bridal boutiques that we can go to," my mom replies.