MBIAW - Chapter Twenty-Two

Saturday, June 27th, 2020

Today is the first of two baby showers for Natalia. I'm excited. And, also glad the baby shower is at our house here in Italy. Everyone is wearing a pink t-shirt with Natalia's name on it. It is cute.

My mom even said I have some surprise guests coming. I can't wait to see who is coming.

I got yelled at by Nonno Donatello for helping make some of the food in the kitchen. I am relegated to sitting outside on the patio with Dario, Giorgia, and my mom. They were chuckling at me.

"Child, you should have known better than to go into the kitchen," my mom says.

"I wanted to do something. I can't sit still for long. Plus, I don't have Beau, Bentley, and Blaze with me."

"How about we take a walk towards the front? Your special guests have arrived," Dario says as he stands up from the couch. Dario held out his hand to me to help me up. "Close your eyes." We then made our way to the front of the house.

"Um, can I ask why you asked me to close my eyes, then you put your hands over my eyes?"

"Because it is a surprise. Duh."

I sure did elbow Dario in his stomach as he stood behind me.

Once we made it to the front, I heard car doors opening. Dario then took his hands from my eyes.

"Keep your eyes closed until I say ready."

"Ugh, the suspense is nerve-wracking."

"Okay, now you can open your eyes."

I opened my eyes and saw, "Janiyah, Graeme, and Jacee!! You guys made it!"

Janiyah replied, "Surprise! Of course, we were coming. And, this is Jacee's first trip away from home."

"Aww, you guys. Thank you so much for coming. It means so much to me."

I cried while waddling to give Janiyah and Graeme a big hug.

"You're welcome, Kina."

"You'll be staying with us." I picked Jacee up out of her carrier. "Hi there, Jacee. You get cuter every time I see you." She tried to smile after I said that.

"Let's go to the backyard. I'll introduce you guys to my mom and Dario's mom."

I carried Jacee as we walked to the backyard. She is so adorable. I just love her to pieces.

As we walked closer to the patio, I saw my sisters sitting with mom and Giorgia. When they saw who was walking with me, their mouths were wide open.

"Graeme and Janiyah, my sisters are huge fans, so that explains why their mouths are wide open. My brothers are too, but they are inside the house."

They both chuckled.

"Graeme and Janiyah, from left to right are Kea, Keandra, Kalisa, my mom, Tauni, and Dario's mom, Giorgia."

Even my mom and Giorgia began drooling while looking at Graeme. Giorgia was saying something in Italian too. Pops is going to be one lucky man tonight if you all know what I mean. It was hilarious. "And, in my arms is Jacee, Graeme, and Janiyah's baby girl. Jacee is three months old."

"It's nice to meet you, Graeme and Janiyah. Thank you for coming and supporting Kina. You can call me Mama Tauni," my mommy said.

"Aww, you're welcome, Mama Tauni. Ever since the day we met Kina, we have become close friends. When she told us she was pregnant, Graeme and I were so excited for Kina. We had to come to support her," Janiyah says to my mom. Now, I am going to cry.