MBIAW - Chapter 7

Saturday, July 13th, 2019

Kina's POV

Mr. Manganiello let me sit in his study room. I sat on the couch with Dario, crying. I don't ever cry, but his words truly hurt me.

"I have never done anything for him to say that. I have had enough of him. I want to move to another hotel in the morning."

"Consider it done. I'll call Rick and Kevin too."

"They can stay at our house for a little bit. Wait, I didn't give them a key. They can stay on the yacht."

"How about you invite your family for a visit, so I can get to know them? And, after their visit, we can take a vacation to your place of choice."

"That's true. I'll call them tomorrow. How are we going back to our hotel? I'm ready to go and lay down."

"Listen, Janiyah and I could take you now."

"Mr. Harrison, I couldn't ask you to do that."

"Please, call me Graeme. We don't mind."

"Thank you, Graeme. I'm sorry for ruining your party, Mr. Manganiello."

"You don't need to apologize. It's not your fault Jayce Sterling is a tool. Get yourself some rest. Sofia and I will be there to support your interview on Monday."

"Thank you so much." Dario and I followed Graeme and Janiyah to his Rolls Royce Cullinan. Then, we made our way back to the hotel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, July 14th, 2019

Jayce's POV

"JAYCE KIAN STERLING!!! WHY DID YOU SAY THOSE DARN, AWFUL WORDS TO YOUR BODYGUARD?!!" My mother screamed in my hear on my cellphone.

"How did you know about it?"

"Are you serious? It doesn't matter where I heard it from. You had no right to say those disgusting words to Ms. Padmore. You of all people should know about death - losing someone you love. We raised you better than what you said."

"Yes, it was a stupid thing to say. But, it's too late to take it back. Mom, you have no idea how humiliating it is to have a female bodyguard. It makes me look like a punk."

"Jayce, you know what? You are a punk, and it's not because of your bodyguard. Do you have any idea how hard it is for Ms. Padmore to risk her life, and the lives of the men that work with her, just so she can protect a jackass like you?! You may be my child, but that was absolutely uncalled for! Boy, we are so disappointed in you."

My mother hung up the phone on me.

I'm sure she will not be the last one to call me today. I don't need a bodyguard. Nothing has happened to me in a long time anyway. I'm going to change into some swim shorts and relax by the pool.

As I entered my bedroom, my phone rang again. Who could it be this time? I walked back to the living room area and checked it. It was my agent. Let me guess? I'm going to need a new one.

"You know why I am calling right?"

"I sure do, so just go ahead and say it."

"Find yourself a new agent. I am done representing you. Jayce, you are a sorry excuse of a human being. You better hope this doesn't ruin your career. Oh, and Kina goes on live TV tomorrow in case you forgot. Good luck finding someone to represent you because Steven is out!!"