MBIAW - Chapter Five

(Picture portrayal of Reece)

Sunday, July 7th, 2019

Kina's POV

"They really want to interview me? I'm just a bodyguard."

"Exactly. Why her? I am the one who is the star." As those words came out of Jayce's mouth, I was about to walk over to him and punch him in the mouth. Dario held me back by wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Jayce, just once please keep quiet. I am talking to Kina. And, you are more than just a bodyguard," Steven says.

"L.A. Entertainment and Entertainment Times are the two that want to interview you. Ms. Padmore, you are accomplishing a feat that is mostly dominated by men. You are an inspiration was what both shows mentioned to me. I drew up a contract for you to take a look at. Oh, and here is the amount from both shows that will be your fee. I'll give you a couple of days to think about it. I attached my card to the contract."

Steven handed me the contract, along with what looks like contracts from the shows. I scanned the documents. $50,000 from each show?!!!

"Thank you, Steven." Dario and I went to the security room.

"Kina baby, I think you should do it. Steven is an excellent agent to have in your corner. Let me see your contract."

I handed the contract to Dario. "$50,000 dollars per show is a lot of money. You have to go on those shows with me. No way am I going by myself."

"I'll be right by your side. This is a fair contract. We can look at it together later."

"Dario is right, Kina. You should do it. More women will consider becoming bodyguards because of you," Kevin mentions.

"Well, he said I can take a few days to answer him."

"And, since Jayce has an appearance in Hollywood, you can schedule the talk shows around that time."

"That's true. Wait until I tell my family about this."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After talking to my family, I went to get started on fixing dinner for the guys. I think I will fix some spicy jerk chicken, and beans and rice. Since I already have chicken marinating in the fridge, that's what I will fix.

I heard someone coming into the kitchen while I was prepping my chicken for the grill. There is a grill grate on the stove, so I don't have to go outside.

"Please tell me you are not going to do those interviews."

I already knew who said that - Jayce. After taking the chicken out of my marinade, I placed it on the grill.