MBIAW - Chapter 6

Friday, July 12th, 2019

Kina's POV

The plane landed safely at one of LAX's private airport landing strips.

Dario stepped off the plane with me. Once we were in sight, the SUV's Jayce requested were driven to the plane.

"Ms. Kina Padmore?"

"That's me."

"My name is Daniel, and I'm from the rental agency. Per your request, here are the SUV's you selected."

Daniel handed me two sets of keys - one was for a Rolls Royce Cullinan. And, the other was for a Cadillac Escalade. I gave the Escalade keys to Mike.

"Thank you, Daniel. We are leaving Wednesday, around noon. Where do I return both vehicles?"

We'll come back to the airport for you."

"Okay, thank you. You can call the number that I gave you."

"You're welcome." Daniel and the other gentlemen got in another vehicle and drove away.

"We'll get the luggage, Kina."

"Okay. You can have Mr. Sterling and Mr. Harper descend off the plane." Dario and Josh went to grab the luggage. I opened both passenger doors to the Cullinan. Then, through my pair of binoculars, I scanned the field.

They both walked off the plane and took a seat in the Cullinan. After Dario and Josh finished loading the luggage, Mike sat in the Escalade, and I sat in Cullinan. After plugging in the hotel address into the GPS, then we drove away from the airport to our hotel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We reached the hotel within 20 minutes time. I parked the Cullinan in front of the hotel.

"Stay in the vehicle until I come back, understand?"

Jayce huffed and mumbled something, but I could care less.

I took my jacket off, then stepped out of the Cullinan to go to the receptionist's desk in the hotel.

I got a few glances of people looking me up and down, rolling their eyes like I didn't belong in there. Even the receptionist looked at me crazy.

"Excuse me but if you want Jayce Sterling coming in here because I took too long, I am going to point at you as the reason. Now, I would like to check-in, please. My name is Kina Padmore."

"Right away, Ms. Padmore." The male receptionist looked on the computer for the reservation. He then handed me the key cards.

"Thank you." I just rolled my eyes as I went back to the Cullinan. A bellhop followed me with a luggage rack, so I opened the trunk. The luggage was placed on the rack.

"Mr. Sterling, and Reece please step out on the sidewalk, and follow Dario inside. I will be right behind you, got it?"

"She knows my name," Reece gleefully says with a cheesy smile on his face. As soon as he stepped out of the Cullinan, a large crowd of women surrounded him.

"Step away, please!" Warding off a group of screaming women was tough. They were pushing and shoving one another. Mr. Sterling was eating the attention up. Dario and I had to stick out our arms to block the crowd.

"Pow! Pow!" We heard gunshots suddenly. The women were screaming.

"Get inside now!!!!" I started pushing both gentlemen to get inside the hotel. I then scanned to see where the shots came from.