MBIAW - Chapter Two

A/N: Thank you for over 100 reads!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, June 27, 2019

Kina's POV

After my shift around the grounds, I went back inside to take a nice, hot shower.

Jerk of the year and his even dumber girlfriend were coming down the stairs as I went up. "Remember to make those phone calls, Mr. Sterling. And, I need a list of your appearances when I am done with my shower."

He rolled his eyes at me. Whatever. I have a job to do. And, if he doesn't have what I requested to do my job, he will get an earful.

I finally made it to my room. After grabbing what I needed, I went into the bathroom for my shower.

****************************************

After my shower, I put on my outfit for the day, which is a pair of khaki cargo pants and a white tank top.

I took a deep breath because I have no idea how day two will go with Mr. Sterling. Then, I made my way downstairs to the kitchen.

"Good morning, Mr. Sterling. Where is my list? And, have you made those phone calls?"

After finally spotting a coffee maker in the kitchen, I went to make me a cup. At least he has a Keurig machine and plenty of k-cups to choose from. And, at least he has decent taste in coffee. Starbucks is the best.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"I'm making a cup of coffee. And, where did your previous bodyguards eat their meals?"

"Not in my kitchen."

"Well, now we do. You wanted 24/7 coverage, so we will be eating our meals in this kitchen. And, I dare you to try to stop me. I need you to answer my questions."

"No, I haven't made the phone call, yet."

"Ugh, Mr. Sterling, do you think I am joking? Being a bodyguard is what I love to do. I want to protect others like I protect my family. But, so far you are being a....."

All of a sudden, the girlfriend jumped in my face. "Who do you think you are talking to?!" Then she started poking me.

I am 2 seconds from whooping this chick's behind.

"I'm talking to Jayce Sterling, not you. And, second of all do not EVER poke me again. You will regret it. Now, Mr. Sterling, I want that darn list by noon. And, the phone calls too. I need something to eat because obviously, it's not in this kitchen. David will be here. I will be back asap."

David is the best friend a girl could have. He is my bodyguard brother. I saw him actually coming my way.

"Hey David, do you want something for breakfast? Mr. Sterling has nothing, at least for us. But that will change. I'm going to get something for myself."