snowy nights┆zhongli x reader

"  even if you forget me, I will always cherish our memories together

" even if you forget me, I will always cherish our memories together. "

zhongli would sigh as the snow fall down the ground. the sky that used to be so sunny and warm had turned cloudy as the snow drop down. another winter was coming, and yet his beloved still hasn't come back.

he reminisced their memories together, oh how he couldn't help but shed a tear. he couldn't do anything as he already gave his gnosis away. he couldn't set out and try to find her.

he would continue walking around, looking at the people of liyue. enjoying the season that was yet to be experienced.

he spotted hu tao and xiangling on the distance talking, he went to chatter with childe at the bank. he planned to talk about the same topic they had been always talking about. the whereabouts of his beloved. there wasn't a day where he didn't ask about her.

childe felt slightly bad for the archon, he knew he was waiting for her, all this time. ever since she went on that mission.

" zhongli, you do know Y/N is part os the 11 harbingers, there's no telling what trouble she could get herself into."

childe explained to him, yet he remained silent, looking down at the table. it was unusual for him to do so.

" I know that. I don't wanna lose hope just yet. "

he muttered before standing up and leaving. suddenly the door opened and there came Y/N, with some bruises on her face and a soft smile on her face.

" I'm back home. "

she said, tears starting to fall down her cheek. zhongli widened his eyes and rushed to hug her.

" I told you I'd be waiting. "

he had mumbled, she would wipe her tears, hugging him back tightly.

" ofcourse you would. "

she said, slowly letting go of the hug. she looks up at him, gently caressing his cheek.

" you haven't changed one bit. "

she said, her eyes examining every single detail that she once knew.

" and you, my dear, still shine as bright as the stars. "

zhongli said, kissing her forehead. childe clicked his tongue, looking at them.

" hey girlie, you guys didn't have to rub it in my face you know. "

he said, crossing his arms. the two laughs it off before heading out hand in hand.

now, maybe winter wasn't so bad for zhongli after all.