promises┆ chongyun x reader

" please

" please. "

chongyun and Y/N was currently in a domain, the domain was located in a high place, so when exiting, they should be careful.

" hey chongyun. "

" mhm? "

" why did you agree to join me here? "

" ah, you seemed like you really wanted me to come. "

he said, looking around the domain. she would look at him for a few seconds before smiling softly .

" thank you. "

she said before they progressed further in the domain, at the end of the domain, there was a abyss mage, they both widened their eyes, before getting ready to fight. the fight was relatively easy due to their good combination.

however, when they were gonna exit, a hilichurl ran over to them and had pushed Y/N off the edge. They both were shocked, chongyun hurried to try and prevent her from falling off the edge. but he was too late, they both had teary eyes. mostly because they promised to be by each other's side at all times.

chongyun hurried down the cliff, his mind was clouded with their memories. he couldn't think of any positive thoughts. he finally reached the bottom, seeing her lifeless body.

he started to cry even more, no one was there to comfort him sadly. he rushed to her, keeping her close to him. he would gently pat her back which was all bloody. 

" why did you leave me so soon. "

he mumbled, tears falling down, he held her closer.

" I told you, I'll be here for you. why did you leave me so soon. I didn't get to tell you I love you. "

he uttered out, gently caressing her cheek.

"how beautiful you look, can you please come back to me? "

he mumbled, at this point, he knew he was talking to a dead body. he wanted her back, why was death so cruel to him. at some point, he knew he needed to go back, but he couldn't bare the fact of leaving her.

" I promise, if we ever get reincarnated, I'll always protect you, Y/N. "