so far away ┊venti x reader

" I don't know how to forget your face

" I don't know how to forget your face. "

venti was sitting on a tree branch, admiring the beautiful scenery that was right in front of him. he reminisced the times he had spent with his beloved before they got separated.

who was his beloved you may ask, his beloved is none other than the great Y/N, she was known all over teyvat due to her heroic deeds. but who knew her deeds could be led to their separation.

you see, they got separated by a incident, Y/N fell unconscious meanwhile, venti was literally thrown away from Y/N. after that, they never saw each other ever again.

how many years has it been ever since that incident happened, venti could never move on. his mind affixed on Y/N, he truly loved her and would do anything to get her back.

venti had blamed himself because of this, he blamed the lost of his loved one, everyone tried to reassure him that it wasn't his fault, and yet no one seem to have succeeded. 

he thought that he had lost all hope, until one day, when he was walking around mondstadt, watching people smile and all. he saw a familiar cloaked person. he widened his eyes, the person glanced at him before widening her eyes. she hurriedly turned around and started to run.

however, venti was faster due to his anemo powers. he took her wrist, the hood on her was removed and the person was Y/N, venti widened his eyes tearing up, he immediately pulled her into a hug.

" why...why were you running away from me, my beloved bird. "

he had mumbled, hugging her tightly, however she could not blurt out a response. she just hugged him back.

" what's wrong? "

he asked, pulling away from the hug, he looked at her in the eyes before noticing the glint in her eyes gone. he widened his eyes.

" Y/N don't tell me... "

she had nodded, giving out a small pitiful smile. the tears on his face started to stream down.

" why did you do it. "

he said, pulling her into an even tighter hug, she wasn't warm or anything. but she was definitely cold like a dead body.

" I thought we promised that you would never do it, why did you even do it! "

he cried, she took out a small note from her pocket handing it to him, she couldn't show any emotion whatsoever. he looked at the note, before opening it slowly.

' so we can be together forever. '

technically, if you don't understand, Y/N did die when they got separated. then, Y/N did a ritual that they promised not to do. but Y/N did it so they can be together, the ritual involved removing of one's emotions. technically she was alive and at the same time, she's not.