heather ┊xiao x reader

❝I watched your eyes as she walks by

❝I watched your eyes as she walks by.❞

requested by ;; Xitofuu

✧══════•❁❀❁•══════✧

Love can be a thrilling experience, but too much may lead to one's own destruction.

The lone female was about to ask Xiao to go with her to the lantern festival but was soon stopped to see Lumine laughing along with Xiao and she saw the expression on his face.

A small subtle smile rested on his lips and that completely destroyed Y/N. Did he ever smile like that when she was around? No, not that she recalled.

So, the female decided to leave the two alone, hoping that maybe next time, there would be a chance that she'd able to convey her feelings to him.

But, oh how wrong was she.

Every time she went to see Xiao, she'd always see him with Lumine and each time, his smile just kept on getting brighter and brighter.

It was as if the yaksha opened his heart once more.

Not that Y/N opposed to it. But she was completely torn apart. Truly, her love was one sided.

All Y/N could do was ponder about the future events. Maybe she could move on from the male?

Maybe it wasn't far too late for her to move on. Maybe there was someone who could pick up the pieces of her broken heart.

But upon trying to move on, she was slowly straying away from her friends. Most of them became worried for her and constantly tried to talk to her.

It was hopeless, it was already too late for her.

Now, all that everyone could do was just weep and that was what they exactly did.

Xiao stood In front of the stone grave, his golden eyes were soft and red as he gently placed his hand on the grave.

"I'm sorry for not realising so soon." He said and placed a bundle of chrysanthemums on the grave.

She was a flower who was exposed too much to the ruthless reality of love. One may say she lacked love. The other may say she lacked courage to convey her feelings, but one may never be too sure.

✧══════•❁❀❁•══════✧