tragedy ┆kaeya x reader

" never planned that one day I'd be losing you

" never planned that one day I'd be losing you. "

Y/N just got back from dealing with a problem circulating around mondstadt, she was immediately greeted by Kaeya, he seemed excited.

" Y/N~"

he cooed out, she looked at him, smiling faintly.

" yes kaeya? "

" are you ready for ou─ what happened to your abdomen?!?"

he asked, he looked very concerned, she would wave it off.

" it's nothing, I just got injured while I was dealing with the problem. It's not a big deal. "

she reassured him, he felt uneasy, but he decided to trust her. he would soon smile softly.

" alright, if you say so, we best be heading off."

he said, and she nodded. they started to walk out of mondstadt and explore around Teyvat. kaeya kept glancing at Y/N worried about her wound.

" are you really sure that you're okay?"

he asked, and she nodded

"I'm sure."

she hummed, he just sighed and looked away from her.

after walking for a few hours they decided to sit down under a tree. It was peaceful, there wasn't any hilichurls around, nor were there any disturbances. just kaeya and Y/N under a apple tree, staring at the bright night sky.

" kaeya. "

" yes?"

" how do you feel about death?"

" such a sudden tragic question, why so? "

" just answer."

" its not something to be taken lightly, losing someone is really tragic."

he murmured, closing his eyes, after he had said that, the atmosphere was quiet.

" hey Y/N?"

" yeah?"

" I- "

he trails off, looking away, he planned to confess but hadn't got the courage to do so.

" I'm tired, lets go back."

" mhm, sure."

she smiled softly before getting up.

The next day, Y/N was suddenly bedridden, she was unable to move from her bed. she heard a knock on the door.

" come in."

she said in a hoarse voice, kaeya walks in with some soup, he looked at her.

" what happened "

he asked, she just shrugged before looking out of the window. The bright sun was shining, birds were chirping and yet she could not enjoy this beautiful scenery. She just sighed, before looking at him

" what brings you here? "

" I just figured I would bring you some soup, I did not expect that you wouldn't be able to move from your bed."

he explained, placing the soup down on the table. she would let out another sigh, feeling bad.

" you didn't have to, I could've managed myself."

" you need my help, even if you say you don't need it, I want to help."

he said, she would just sigh and nod.

night arrives, and kaeya insisted on staying, she could not refuse him, he sat on a chair facing her, slowly falling asleep. Once he was sound asleep, she'd look out of the window, before looking at him.

" oh sweet kaeya, I won't ever be your muse ever with my condition."

she mumbled, gently patting his head.