farewell ┆zhongli x reader

❝but my heart really wants to cry

❝but my heart really wants to cry.❞

✧══════•❁❀❁•══════✧

"zhongli zhongli! look!!" she exclaimed as she ran to her lover with bright eyes. she had a crystal fly in a jar.

"I managed to catch one!!" she exclaimed yet again, her eyes twinkled as bright as her geo vision.

he couldn't help but smile softly, gently patting her head. "you're quite silly, you know crystal flies eventually die." he hummed.

"but this one is alive and I'm planning to keep it!" she said with a smile. "alright alright, whatever you say my love."

she was the very first person who got the geo vision from him, considering that he was her lover and he deeply adored her.

they were happy, they were perfect. but he knew that she was a mere mortal and there would be a time where she would fall into eternal slumber and never wake up.

the two were walking hand in hand when suddenly a person with white hair had approached them. she lifted a hand and pointed at zhongli.

"rex lapis, the current geo archon, you must suffer the consequences of your actions." she spoke fiercely before she then pointed to the female beside him.

zhongli's eyes widened, summoning his polearm. but sadly, he was too late. the unknown person had already took his lover's life, right in front of him.

"this is simply atonement for your actions. if i were to be forward with you, her life alone would never be enough." she said harshly before she disappeared.

and just like that, zhongli's world was torn apart.

he looked at his lover's limp body that soon fell on the ground. luckily, he caught her and kept shaking his head. "no no no!" he cried out.

he had hoped for her to be alive,but alas, it was too late. the light from her geo vision had already faded. "why would you leave me so soon." he mumbled, keeping her limp body close to him as he weeped.

perhaps it was too cruel for the geo archon to lose his cheerful lover just like that. an unknown person whose only distinguishable feature was her white silky hair and her bright fierce eyes.

✧══════•❁❀❁•══════✧