years apart ┊zhongli x reader

❝to you who loved me unconditionally

❝to you who loved me unconditionally.❞

requested by ;; doseofjoys

✧══════•❁❀❁•══════✧

The cold breeze of wind had hit Zhongli's face. He was faced with the same despair that he felt before he got his gnosis taken by Signora through a contract.

The despair of losing someone so valuable to you. That was the despair that remained with him and it was one of the things that he truly wished to get rid of.

Today was an ordinary day for him, well, that's what he wanted to believe. He was walking around the grounds of Liyue. He wanted to clear his mind from the sudden events.

But that was until he stopped in his tracks hearing a laugh so pure. A laugh that he thought he would never hear again. He immediately turned to face the direction of the laugh and his eyes immediately widened upon seeing the familiar figure.

A figure that he had dearly missed. He allowed his feet move by itself, slowly stepping closer to the female he saw.

The female was laughing along with Hu Tao. She seemed so pure for this world, it was almost as if she was the person he spent his years with during the archon war.

"Zhongli!" She called out, laughing softly. Zhongli couldn't help but smile as he watched her dance gracefully in a field full of Hydrangeas.

He was so in his world, wanting to imprint this moment right in his brain. "Zhongli, won't you join me?" She called out yet again, she had her arms out, waiting for the male to approach her and wrap his arms around her like he'd always do.

"Fine." He said before he approached her, wrapping his arms around her waist. She'd hum in content, smiling softly. "You're so slow." She teased the male.

He wanted her in his arms forever. Yet, everything always seemed to go wrong. One moment, they were having fun and now the next, everything was all bloody.

His hands were covered in his beloved's blood, he held her limp body in his arms. "Y/N!" He cried out, now was not the time to be crying. Now was not the time to weep for her. A war was currently ongoing, a war that he wished never happened at all.

As his mind reminisced those moments, he was finally a few steps away from the female he wanted to take away.

His eyes were fixated on her, they were teary. His eyes were filled with tears as he thought more about his beloved.

The female soon glanced at him, noticing his teary expression. It was odd for her. She somehow found him quite familiar despite knowing that she had never encountered him.

Nevertheless, she gave the male a comforting smile and waved her hand. He noticed the small hydrangea ring on her hand which deeply reminded him of his beloved.

She was like a Hydrangea. Someone so pure who doesn't deserve to be stained with the horrifying truths that the world contained.

✧══════•❁❀❁•══════✧