Prologue

A blue portal opened up in the sky, three figures falling out and to the ground. A pale redheaded,  thin girl in black chained skinny jeans with a white graphic tank top and checkers vans. A brunette boy in a red T-shirt and blue jeans, some gray converse shoes, and a black and gray bomber jacket on his arms, falling off his shoulder. Lastly, a muscular girl with short, magenta-red hair. Tattoos graced her arms and chest as a blue sports bra showed from under a white graphic cropped tee, clad in thick black leggings with sheer stripes down the sides and pockets. A black leather jacket and combat boots to finish it off. Each of them had two bags too.

The youngest, the boy, groaned as he sat up, shielding his eyes from the harsh desert light. He slowly sat up and looked around as his companions slowly came too.

👁👄👁Elizabeth's pov👁👄👁

I opened my eyes slowly, the bright light blinding me temporarily. Looking around I only saw desert as far as the eye could see, strange spike-type things sticking up from the dry ground a few feet away. My friends Max and Ian got up, taking in our strange surroundings.

"Where are we?" Max asked as she held out a hand for me. I took it and got up, dusting myself off before picking up my bags.

"Not sure." I said, we were just in New Zealand finishing our fuckit list when a big storm hit our plane just after takeoff.

"Maybe we're hallucinating?" Ian suggested pitifully. "Maybe someone spiked our drinks." He shrugged making Max and I sigh.

"Really?" Max gave him a 'really?' stare, not impressed with his suggestion. "Who would spike three 23 year olds drinks-"

"24." I corrected her.

"At the same time?" She finished asking.

"I don't know!" Ian said. "Can you explain this then?" He asked, attitude in his voice.

"No, but at least I'm not making up stupid theories!" Max yelled back.

"At least I'm trying to think of something!" Ian sassed, the two of them getting in each other's face.

"Okay, both of you calm down!"  I yelled as I stepped between them. "We will find out what happened later." I said before handing them each their bags.

"For now, we find a water source and shade from this heat. Maybe find a spot to rest to get used to the thin air." I said, starting off in the direction of the weird spikes. The two 23 year old's grumbling but keeping up, knowing I was right. I heard Max kicking the ground, Ian could be seen in the corner of my eye, trying to find a signal on his phone while we walked.

After about 10 minutes I came to a stop, my brows furrowing at the sight of the spikes.

"What is it?" Max asked me.

"Does this seem familiar to either of you?" I asked, my head tilted as I pointed to the spikes. Ian rubbed his neck while Max tilted her head, both of them analyzing the scene.

"Yea, almost like I've seen it before." Max said, confusion evident on her face.

"You're right!" Ian exclaimed. "But how? None of us have ever seen a desert." He stated. He had a point, I've never seen any kind of desert in person. I mean, shows and movies like the 100, Treasure buddies and our planet have shown them before but this doesn't exactly look like the Sahara or a nuked planet.

"Well, familiar or not, I'm already at a disadvantage." Max said with a huff. "Getting a new tattoo earlier today really isn't looking like the smartest choice now is it guys?" She laughed making me snort and nod. She and I had gotten tattoos earlier in the day, one of our goals to get a tattoo from every one of our fuckit list stops.