Chapter 6: Ali

We got back to the village and started to unload, Imam and his boys had helped Ian bring out more of the food and fill more bottles with water. Ian and Imam handed out some soup they heated up to everyone, the starving survivors graciously thanking the two. Johns and a few others all headed to the Skiff, looking to get an idea of what we're working with. I followed behind them with the power cells, hoping we can get the rest of them before the eclipse starts.

"I mean, normally I can appreciate antiques. But this, this is something else." Paris said as he looked around the ship in mild disgust and ignorance.

"It'll work," Johns said.

"It's nothing we can't repair, so long as the electrical adapts," Fry said, after inspecting the inside of the ship.

"Well, it's not a star-jumper," Shazza mumbles making me roll my eyes.

"It doesn't need to be," Riddick said, walking up to us.

"Take a two-seater like this back up to the Sol-Track shipping lanes. Stick out her thumb, bound to get picked up." He said, smirking as he looked at Fry. "Ain't that right, captain?" He asked the docking pilot.

"Can I have a little help here?" Fry asked, ignoring Riddick. The convict stepped forward to help only for Paris to assist Fry instead.

"I got it. Come on." The coward said as he helped carry the only cell they brought into the skiff.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa," Johns called as Riddick stepped forward to help. "Do me a favour. Check these containers out and, uh, see what we can patch these wings up with. All right?" he said, trying to keep Riddick away from the ship as long as possible. Riddick reluctantly walked away as I set the cells down beside me and leaned against the wall

"Okay. And we are getting there." Fry muttered as the system started up, the skiff turning on. "So we've got enough power for a sys-check, but we'll still need more cells." 

"How many are we talking about?" Johns asked, leaning against a beam on the roof.

"Um. Let's see, we got a 90-gig draw. The other ship takes 20-gig cells." She said, counting up how many cells we'd need. "That would be five. Five total to launch." She said.

"Thirty-five kilos each, huh? Fuck." Johns muttered.

"Make that 3. I took 2 cause I figured the skiff would need more than just 2 and we can go back for the rest." I said, bringing the two cells in. "And we can use the sandcat to carry them. 

"Alright, if you need help... Where did Riddick go?" Johns asked making me roll my eyes.

"If I need help, trust me, you will be the last person I ask," I said as I walked off the ship. 

I found Riddick wandering around, checking the buildings.

"We already checked them all. Unlocked a few too." I said as I walked up to him. He whipped around, seeming startled by my sudden appearance.

"Find anything in them?" He asked making me shrug.

"Not really besides the food and some medical supplies," I said making him nod. "I did find the room the people worked in though. Some kind of solar system model in there." 

"Oh?" He questioned.

"I rewound it back to the last recorded date in their notes, 22 years ago," I said. "And 22 years ago, there was an eclipse." I finished making him look at me.

"So, that's what you meant. Another eclipse is coming?" He asked making me nod.

"Mhm, and it should be happening in..." I checked my imaginary watch. "About 8 hours," I said.