Chapter 27

"Are you thirsty?" Mason speaks up. After our families left, Mason and I have sat in silence on the bed for a few hours. It is now early evening and I am still in the infirmary for observation.

"No, thank you." I reply, giving him a small smile and going back to staring at the wall. I shift in my seat as I watch Mason walk over to me from his place in front of the window.

I hate that I'm keeping him from his duties but my attempts to get him to go work failed miserably. He refused to leave my side while I am injured. Unlike my mother.

My father also left a few hours ago, but that was after I assured him that I was alright and I was okay with him leaving. I understand that he wants to be with his mate, no matter how angry I am with her.

My thigh is still sore but it's slowly getting better. Then, Ava walks into the room with a grin. She walks over to my side, her eyes glancing over the monitors that are attached to me.

"How are you feeling Luna?" She asks. I just shrug in reply, I'm sick of telling people I'm fine every five minutes. Mason gives me a look but I ignore him and turn my eyes back to the wall.

In the corner of my eye I see Ava give Mason a questioning look but he just shakes his head slowly. Ava goes back to looking at the monitors and checking my vitals.

I stay quiet as she pulls her stethoscope off her neck and presses the end to my chest. As she listens, Mason grabs my hand from my lap and places a chaste kiss on my knuckle.

"You seem to be doing very well Luna. I just need to check your leg, okay?" Ava asks and I give her a nod. "If you could just lift your leg from under the covers."

With a sigh, I pull the covers off my body and gently lift my leg from the covers. I grimace as I move it making Mason squeeze my hand for comfort.

Ava begins to unwrap the bandage that is wrapped around my thigh. I look down as she removes it completely and notice my wound. It does look a lot better but its still bleeding slightly.

"It's taking so long to heal." Mason states, his eyes turning black as he looks at my thigh. Ava looks up with a frown and nods.

"Yes, it's the silver." Ava replies. She looks over the wound and gently begins to touch around it. I gasp when she touches a sore spot, which makes Mason growl lowly and Ava profusely apologise.

A few minutes later, Ava turns away and returns with a fresh bandage. She lightly places a cotton pad on the wound, stopping the slight blood flow. Ava slowly lifts my knee so she can wrap a bandage around my thigh.

"Well, Luna, I am glad to announce that I can allow you to go home but only if you promise to rest and take it easy until you are fully healed. I am sure Alpha will take care of you."

I look up and Mason gives me a smirk as if to say of course. Finally, I give Mason a smile and squeeze his hand back. I am sick of this infirmary room and just want to go home now.

"Now, you will need to keep the weight off your leg for a few day. I also will be checking up on you regularly to ensure you and your baby are alright." Ava says "I will see you soon."

Mason and I say our thanks as she leaves the room. Once she is out of sight, Mason pulls me into his embrace and I let out a sigh of relief. Whenever I am in his arms that everything will be alright.