Chapter 15

He is so beautiful.

I stare at my mate, who is fast asleep next to me with his arms wrapped around my waist firmly. It is the morning after Mason marked me and my neck is completely healed, but my head is still slightly fuzzy.

My mind is slowly getting used to the fact that I'm linked to Mason. I can faintly feel his presence there and his happiness.

It will only get stronger when we mate so I better get used to it. Now I'm marked it will be even harder for us to keep our hands off each other.

It's around midday and Mason is usually already gone by now except when I was ill. I knew he stayed because we took the next step. It warms my heart.

Slowly, I pull the blanket off me and get off the bed. When my feet land on the cold wooden floor I hear Mason stir behind me.

I grimace and turn to look at him, his eyes are closed but he's moved to hug the blanket that was over me. I hear him sniff in before sighing.

Thank god he didn't wake up. He deserves a lie in after all the work he has done and taking care of me is pretty much a full time job to him. Even though I can take care of myself.

I make my way out of the room quickly but soundlessly. When I'm in the hall I let out a sigh before heading down to the kitchen.

I'm really hungry.

When I get to the kitchen and go straight to the fridge. I grab a banana yogurt and then get a apple from the fruit bowl on the island.

Satisfied with my choice I sit on one of the stools and dig into my breakfast. I must admit, I do love yogurt. Could that be a pregnancy thing? I don't know.

Once I'm finished I clean up after myself and head to the living room. When I get there I look over at the tv and couch, it looks so inviting but I turn to the other side.

I had managed to convince Mason to put in a bean bag next to the wall of windows and a large bookshelf. I thought it would be the perfect place for reading.

I smile at my book laying on the floor next to the bean bag from where I left it yesterday. I grab it and plop down on the comfy chair.

Just before I can open it I hear shouting. Someone is shouting my name. Confused, I look around trying to pick up where the noise is coming from.

"Ally!"

Oh no. Only one person would call me that. Mason, and he sounds angry.

"I'm here!" I shout back, trying not to show my trepidation. I stay in my seat but place the book at my side as I watch the door.

In seconds Mason is rushing into the room. His blazing black eyes find me in the corner and he glanced over my body. When he is satisfied I'm not hurt, he walks over to me and scoops me up in his arms.

He holds onto me tightly, putting his head in my neck and breathing in my scent. I put my arms around his neck, holding onto him so I don't accidentally fall.

After a few moments he calms down and takes his head out of my neck. He looks at me with a frown but I smile at him softly.

"Sorry." He says sheepishly, finally giving me a smile. He sits down on the bean bag, keeping me in his arms on his lap.