Chapter 14

Mason looks at me with a frown. I know he doesn't want to have to explain himself but I think it's best. I don't want people doubting me or thinking I'm a slut.

"You're Luna and I didn't meet for the first time last week. We met a couple of months ago, but unfortunately, after only a night together, we lost each other.however, wedid get something amazing from that night, our baby." Mason's says.

Hearing him say it so loud and so publicly makes me cringe.

"Is there anything else?" He asks but the question is met with silence. "Good, Luna will be out in a few moment for you all to formally congratulate or talk to her."

Everyone begins to clap once again as we walk off the stage hand in hand. As soon as we are out of sight of the pack, Mason grabs my waist and pulls me into his embrace.

I let out a relieved sigh and rest my head against his hard chest. I can hear his heart pounding along with my own. That was the most nerve-wrecking thing I've ever done.

However, everyone accepted me and they all took the pregnancy well. That is such a weight off my shoulders.

"You ready to go out there?" Mason break the silence. I let out a long groan which makes my mate chuckle. "If you've too tired then we can just go home love. The pack know you're pregnant now."

I look up and see him staring down at me intently. His face holds concern, I know he hates that this is difficult but I hope he realises this will only get harder. I look down at his arms around me and sigh.

"No it's okay. I want to go out there and show my face. I need to get to know my pack and they need to know that their Luna will be there." I say and when I look up, Mason smashes his lips to mine.

I'm surprised by his lips on mine but I enjoy it. Before I have the chance to react or kiss back, Mason pulls away.

He looks down at me with pure adoration in his eyes. It makes a smile find my face as we look into each others eyes.

"What?" I ask, innocently.

"You sounded like a true Luna." He says, placing a swift kiss on my lips before taking my he and and leading me out into the crowd.

Here we go...

***

Almost three hours later, Mason and I finally make it safely through the front door to his place. Wow, that was absolutely exhausting.

Everywhere I turned I had people wanting to talk to me; either asking about my pregnancy or something Luna related. But mainly about our baby.

I really underestimated the size of the pack and how much they would come to love me. Not that I am complaining, I would much rather they love me than hate me.

That would not be fun. Although, I am sure there are a handful in the pack that are not impressed with me but that is a very small minority from what I saw tonight.

As long as I have Mason in my life, I am perfectly content.

I hear the lock click behind my head as I leaned on the front door, trying to catch my breath. We practically ran up here before anyone else could talk to us.