Chapter 28

"Come on Mason, you promised!" I groan, tugging at the front of his shirt as he stands in front of me with his arms crossed. He raises his eyebrow at me and I growl lowly in annoyance.

It's been over two weeks since I was shot. Mason had said that I only had to rest for a week but when Ava said I had high blood pressure, he made me stay in bed until it returned to normal.

Two damn weeks in bed. Two. Weeks. I am losing my mind. I have to get out of the house before I go crazy or kill my mate. I am sick of watching random daytime tv while Mason is off doing work.

I need to return to normal. Well as normal as I can.

"I still think you should rest for a few more days." Mason states with a frown. I glance behind him at the unmade bed and take a step backwards unintentionally.

"I am perfectly healthy Mason! Ava just said I was. You promised I could go shopping with your mother and sister. They have waited an extra week, now we are going today." I cross my arms, determined to get my way.

Mason watches me carefully and I see his eyes dart down to my showing bump. It has surprised both of us how my bump just popped a few days ago and I finally look pregnant.

My bump is obvious now, especially since all my clothes are fairly tight around my stomach. Mason has to let me going shopping because in one more day my clothes will be ripping as I walk.

Our baby is now the size of an avocado. It's growing slowly and I still can't believe I am in month 4 of my pregnancy. It seems like yesterday Mason and I spent that night together.

I feel a lot better this week, my leg is healed up and I can walk without a limp or pain. I have some pain in my back every now and then, but that is pregnancy related I have been told.

"Fine." Mason breathes out "However, there are some conditions."

I jump in excitement and hug Mason briefly before pulling away to hear his conditions.

"First, I will be sending two guards with you. Secondly, you are not to carry anything. Finally, you are to ensure you're mind link stays open the entire time." He orders.

I stare at his serious face and slowly nod my head. I suppose that is fair enough. I understand that he just wants me to be safe and with these rogue attacks I am kind of glad to have some protection.

Unknown to Mason, I have been suffering from occasional nightmares. They are mainly about the hunters I met that night but every now and then they are rogues instead.

I'm just glad when I wake up I can curl up into Mason's arms. I always feel safe in his arms and always will.

"Okay." I speak up "Now will you call your mother?"

Mason hesitates for a few seconds before letting out a long sigh of defeat. A smile finds my face and I clap my heads excitedly. My obvious joy makes Mason smirk.

"Alright, I'll call her now. You get ready and make sure you wrap up warm. I'll tell her to meet you downstairs in half an hour." He states, pecking my lips and walking out of the room. I watch him until he is out of sight.

Once he is gone I walk into the closet and look over what clothes I can fit in. It's still snowy and cold outside so I need to wear something warm or I will freeze.