Chapter 1

"Will you be alright out here?" My father asks worriedly, ever since I told him I was pregnant he decided I was like a china doll. I smile at him and roll my eyes at him.

"Yes dad, I promise you I will be fine. I'll just sit out here until you finish." I saw pointing to a couch a few metres away from us and the meeting hall he is about to go in.

Alpha meetings suck.

I mean I have never personally attending one because only an Alpha, Luna, Beta and Delta of a pack are allowed to attend. Considering I am only a Delta's daughter I am not allowed in but my dad always leaves looking 30 years older.

"Okay sweetie, I promise it won't be too long." He says rubbing me arm before turning on his heels and walking into the posh large meeting room.

I knew that was a lie, these meeting usually go on for a few hours at least but I didn't want him to worry about me.

I think I'll just sit down and read a book or I might go for a little walk around the grounds.

I nod to myself before walking over to the brown leather couch that lay against the wall in the corner of the lobby. Thankfully it was right next to a large window giving me perfect reading light.

I sit down and run a hand over my slight bump, I can't believe how I have come to terms with my pregnancy so quickly. Although I'm only 8 weeks, the werewolf growth rate is slightly quicker than humans.

Suddenly my mate pops into my head making my mood instantly dampened. My wolf lets out a cry at the thought of how our mate left us.

Stop it Alyssa.

I lift my head up at the sound of footsteps. I watch with a smile as Alphas, Lunas, Betas and Deltas walk past me and into the conference room.

They all nod to me politely and I return the gesture. I reach into my bag and go to grab my book but before I could pick it out a wave of nausea hits me. I rush to the toilet forgetting about my book then I bring up what I ate for lunch.

I groan loudly and wipe my mouth with some toilet paper. I flush the toilet and go to the sink to swill out my mouth to get rid of the horrid taste leftover.

The cold water cools me down and I let out a sigh. Morning sickness is not fun.

All of a sudden there is a knock on the door. I try to catch a scent but my nose is still burning from vomiting and the smell still lingers making me gag.

"Is everything okay in there?" I frown at the masculine voice that comes through the other side of the door. That voice, it is so familiar. I feel my wolf stir in my mind making my heart drop,

On the other side of that door, which is my only exit, is my mate. I can't believe Mason was here! Why was he here? Unless...No! Mason must be an important werewolf, dammit. I knew he gave off power but what? Is he a beta? Or worse, an Alpha?

I knew I should have learnt all the Alphas names when my father told me too but I never thought it was of any importance since it was unlikely I would meet one. Then again I am currently outside a meeting full of them...

I only learnt the pack names especially the most powerful one, The Night River Pack.

"Yes, I'm fine." I reply trying not to stutter, my mind goes into a whirl wind as my wolf re-awaken again and howl in excitement at being reunited with our mate.