Chapter 2

"What!?" My father shouts in surprise as he glances between Mason and I.

I look up at him, shaking my head back and forth. Why did this have to happen to me? I instantly wrap my arms around my middle in comfort.

My bump instantly comes into contact with my arms and I let out a long breath. How am I going to explain this to Mason, and my father?

I can't believe this morning I believed that I could just live out this pregnancy peacefully alone and at home. But something tells me that's not going to happen.

I look between my father and Mason who are both looking at me expectantly. I open my mouth but words don't come out.

"Alyssa." My father speaks my name, I can tell by his voice that he is confused and I let out a long sigh.

"It's true, father." I give him a quick nod. "Mason is my mate."

"I can't believe this." He whispers to himself running a hand down his face. I can tell he is worried and concerned.

"Sir," Mason speaks up looking at me then back to my father. "You understand what this means for your daughter."

I watch as my fathers posture stiffens and he stares at Mason with calculating eyes.

"I understand."

When you meet your mate your suppose to move in with them instantly to make the mating process easier. Plus a few days after finding your mate a female will go into heat to speed up the process. I don't know if this will happen during pregnancy though.

"With your permission sir," Wait, What is he doing? "I will be taking Alyssa back with me to my pack where she can fulfil her duties as Luna."

Holy crap on a cracker.

My mouth opens to protest but no words come out. All I can do is stare at Mason and my father as they never break eye contact from one another.

"I agree, on the terms that you allow me to speak to my daughter in private immediately." My father says rather grumpily. Mason frowns but nods nethertheless.

He glances at me before storming out of the room. Father and I stand in silence for a few minutes before I let out a large exasperated sigh.

"Alyssa, I am really happy for you believe that. However, I am also worried for you. The baby-"

"I know." I interrupt him standing up from my spot on the sofa. "It's complicated father." My voice is hushed.

"How complicated?"

"A fair lot more since I last spoke to you about this." I run my hands down my face and withhold a tired groan. I slowly begin to pace across the room and back.

"Alyssa," Father sighs, leaning back into the sofa "would you please explain this situation to me?"

I glance nervously at the door and then back to my father. How badly I want to run. However, Rivers never run away from difficult situations.

"To start, you know that I slept with a man when I was incredibly drunk one night. Uh you know I realise it was a mistake, but you don't know the whole story. That night uh I found my mate, Mason, at the club and, due to the extensive alcohol I had consumed, we spent the night together. That was the night my baby was conceived. Mason is the father as well as my mate."