Chapter 32

"What is going on here?" My mate questions as he steps into the bedroom from the bathroom. I glance at his reflection and chuckle at his face, confused frown and eyes darkening with lust.

I am currently standing in front of the floor-to-ceiling mirror in only my underwear. I am almost at 20 weeks pregnant now and my bump is easily spotted, no matter what I wear.

"Is it just me or have my breasts seemed to have grown over night?" I ask, looking down at my bra. It's almost too small now but yesterday it fit me perfectly, damn pregnancy. I swear you need a whole new closet of clothes just for 9 months of this.

Mason growls lowly behind me but before I can look up, his hands are around my waist. His head nestles into the crook of my neck and I lean back against him, enjoying the warmth our skin-to-skin contact brings.

"You look beautiful, my love." He whispers, our eyes locking in the reflection. I pout at him and turn in his embrace so we are face to face.

"That didn't answer my question."

"That doesn't change my answer." He chuckles, placing his lips against mine in a soft kiss. "Also, mate, it is way too early for this conversation. I expected you to have a lie in."

I roll my eyes at his protectiveness. Yesterday, Mason and I spent all day going over everything I need to know in his absence. After going through file upon file in our office, we went for a stroll around the pack so I could familiarise myself with any people I may need to be in contact with.

I met with many of the store owners in the pack town, most of them were lovely and I got given many free items on my rounds. We went to the school where I got to meet the headmistress and meet many of the children there.

Our last stop was one of the day care centres just outside of the town centre. My heart melted at the little toddlers that were running around the house. It made me excited to welcome our son into the world, to finally become a family.

"I don't need a lie in." I state, "I need to make sure I spend every last moment with you."

His eyes turn sad as he frowns down at me. I just give him a small smile because I know he would cancel if he could. Over the last few days, he has asked me multiple times if I wish for him to stay.

As much as I hated the thought of being away from him, I knew these meetings were important for the safety of our pack. I wouldn't be so selfish to keep him and risk the lives of our pack members.

"Alys-"

"Anyway, I have been informed by your mother that I need to make sure you have packed everything, because you always forget something!" I interrupt him before he can say anything.

Turning away, I feel the prick of tears in my eyes as I walk into the closet. His suitcase sat in the middle of the room, only half packed and very messily done. As if he had just grabbed random clothes and thrown them in.

I walked over to it, kneeling on the floor beside it and feel him hesitate in the doorway, watching me. With a slow sigh, I begin to grab items from the suitcase and fold them neatly.

Each item I take my time folding it before replacing it, but each second that passed I feel the tears begin to escape. Damn hormones.