Chapter 22

Rain batters down against the window and I can hear the whistle of the wind from my safety in the house. The weather turned this morning and it doesn't look like it is going to be easing any time soon. 

"I just spoke to Cameron." Mason says coming into the room, putting his phone down "Apparently there is bad flooding in the northern part of the territory so we won't be able to drive back. I don't want you running back so we are going to stay an extra night."

Mason walks over to me and sits on the sofa next to me. I pulled the sofa up to the magnificent wall of windows this morning so I can relax while Mason went off to phone Cameron.

It's been such an amazing weekend. Mason and I are so much closer and I can feel how strong our bond has gotten. 

I look at Mason to see him smirking at me. I know exactly what is going through his head because it's going through my own. Now that we have fully mated it's been almost impossible to keep our hands off each other. 

"I love this weather." I state, looking back out the window. I can see the river below us has risen drastically and there are many more streams of water flowing down the mountain side. I love this weather but this is definitely one of the worst storms I have seen. 

"It's oddly calming." Mason says, looking out of the window. The sound of rain battering against the window is strangely calming to hear but then lightening strikes and I jump out of my skin.

"Woah, woah." Mason says, wrapping his arms around me tighter. I feel protected in his arms, even from lightning. "Hey, love, you're safe."

"I know." I sigh, leaning against his chest. As much as I love it here, I am beginning to miss home. Wow, I just called Mason's pack home. I suppose it is home now and forever.

It is a lovely pack and everyone has been so nice to me. 

I bring my hand up to my mouth as I yawn loudly. I feel Mason's chest move as he chuckles. I look up at him sheepishly but he just continues laughing softly at me. 

"Am I tiring you out love?" He whispers against my ear making me shiver. "Come on, let's go have a nap, you need to rest. That was the reason we came up here."

Thats true but it hasn't been very restful. However, I wouldn't change it for the world. Mason stands up and lifts me with him, holding me bridal style. Mason begins the walk towards the bedroom but my eyes close before we even make it to the door. 

***

The music is blasting, making the entire room shake with each beat. Alcohol corses through my veins like lava as I spin and dance to the song. Danielle's hands occasionally find my shoulders to balance herself and I let out a chuckle each time.

"I'm going to the bathroom!" I shout out to Danielle. When I look at her I notice her attention has been redirected to a hot male with his hands on her hips. I watch her for a few moments to ensure she is ok. Once I'm sure she is comfortable, I make my way to the toilet. I am quick to do my business before reemerging from the bathroom onto the club floor.

I hold onto a nearby table and try to shake off the mugginess in my mind. Why did I think this would be a good idea? Because my best friend is a terrible influence. If only that dumbass boyfriend of hers hadn't cheated on her earlier this morning. That's why we can out and it seemed like a good plan at the time.