Chapter 4

I slowly sink into the bubble covered water, sighing as the warm water washes over my tense muscles.

It has been around an hour since I ran from Mason and I know that he has been looking for me, however I ensured that I snuck back into the house. It is only a matter of time before he finds me again.

I am back in his room, locked in his bathroom. However, he has yet to come up here which is surprising. Wouldn't this be the first place to look?

My wolf was angrily pacing in my mind. She didn't like lying and running away from our mate.

I let my head slip under the water to try and muffle the sounds in my head. Silent cries escape my mouth as I stay trapped under the water surface.

How do I do this? How am I going to tell Mason? What will his reaction be? He could leave me or reject me again. I will not be able to cope if he does.

I remember the devastation and the horrific pain I felt that day, watching him walk away and leave without a word. Waiting, like an idiot, in the bed for him to return.

I remember the burning tears that wouldn't stop when it finally sunk in, three hours after he left, that he was not going to return.

What about the baby? I still haven't gone for a check up as I am too scared. What if something is wrong with it?

I lift my head back up when I finally run out of air. Back to reality I guess, not that it quietens any of my thoughts.

I have to tell Mason, tonight.

Sighing loudly, I step out of the bath and grab a towel from the rack opposite me. I reach back to empty the tub before I walk back into the bedroom.

I let out a scream when I see someone move into the room from the corner of my eye. A hand slaps over my mouth to silence me.

Looking into his eyes, I relax and hit his chest. I pull my head away from his hand and glare at him.

"Crap Mason!" I shout, putting a hand over my chest "You almost gave me a heart attack."

He chuckles and wraps his arms around my waist. I keep my frown on my face but he just places a soft kiss on my lips.

"Sorry love. I didn't mean to scare you but I've been looking for you for hours."

"Oh," I say, looking down "I just needed some air then I really wanted a bath."

"I forgive you." He laughs, pecking my lips "Now, go get dressed because I have something to ask you."

I nod, giving his hands a squeeze as I remove them from my waist. I quickly walk to the closet and change into a simple long t-shirt.

Emerging from the closet, I see that Mason is now sitting on the edge of the bed. Seeing me walking towards him, he stands up and meets me half way.

"I was trying to tell you something earlier. I wanted to ask if you would accompany to my sisters mating ritual party today."

"Okay." I smile, finally moving to look up at him.

A mating ritual is like a wolf wedding. But instead of rings, both mates cut their palms and hold them together. It's said this allows the bond to flow through them both, making it stronger.