Chapter 6

"Do I have to?" I groan, falling back on to the soft bed.

I watch Mason stand at the foot of the bed with his arms crossed. The frown on his face shows that he will not let me get out of this.

"Yes, Alyssa. You are going to this appointment."

I spread my arms out and sigh.

"But I am so comfy here." I sit up with a pout, making his eyes look at my lips for a second before returning to look me in the eye.

"Nope." He says putting his hands either side of me on the bed and leans down. "You promised to go days ago, so today is that day."

"Urgh."

I don't want to go. All they're going to do is poke at my stomach as well as my private area probably. I'm too tired.

"Mason." I say standing up, making him step back slightly from the sudden movement. "I am pregnant and tired, I don't want to go."

He simply lifts an eyebrow at me. I stick my tongue out at him, knowing he isn't going to let me out of this.

"You're so mean." I huff, pushing him away from me and standing up. I storm into the bathroom and shut the door.

I quickly shower, making sure to thoroughly wash my hair. When I get back into the bedroom, Mason has disappeared.

I'm guessing someone came to get him to deal with something pack-wise.

I shrug and carry on getting ready. I dry my hair and allow it to fall in its natural curls over my shoulder. I pull on a pair of black leggings and a baggy grey jumper.

I pull on some shoes before heading towards the door. I poke my head out and listen to see if I could hear anyone, but I could only hear distant voices.

Stepping out of the room I close the door and make my way down the corridor. Slowly, I walk through the many corridors, saying hello to anyone I see, towards the front door.

When I get there I notice that Darcy is sitting on one of the couches placed near the door with a book in her hand.

"Darcy!" I exclaim, making it to the bottom of the steps and head over to her. She looks up and smiles at me.

"Hey Alyssa, how are you doing?" She places the book by her side and pats the couch, gesturing for me to sit.

I take a seat next to her and try not to gasp in surprise when she suddenly pulls me in for a hug.

"I'm good thanks. What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be honeymooning?" I laugh as she gives me a glare.

"Tell me about it. I blame Mason, he called Will in while we were in bed. Then Will decided that he wanted me to come along, but he didn't specify that I would have to sit here like a loser."

That's weird. Why would Mason call him in so suddenly? Especially since he wants me to go to the infirmary.

"Did Will say why Mason wanted to see him?" I ask curiously.