no one - 24

Desire (Dee) Lee | 18

"Push, push you can do it mama" a doctor screamed as I cried out in pain

This baby is coming out and it hurts.

"Tootie, ima beat yo fucking ass after this baby is out." I gritted through my teeth.

He sighed and kissed my forehead and finally after another 45 long minutes, the baby came sliding out.

"It's a beautiful, baby girl " the doctor said and my face broke into a smile.

"Can I hold her ?" I asked and the doctor nodded, laying her down on my chest.

As I peaked at her face, I seen her eyes open staring at me.

"Omg she's so pretty" I said as I cried.

Tootie was just watching in shock as he tried to help cut the umbilical cord.

He finally did and was reaching out to grab the baby.

"We going to give you some time to come up with a name." The nurse said but I beat her to it.

"Milani Dream Jones" I said making the nurse smile.

"That's a pretty name, I have to get the papers I'll be back so you can sign.. congrats on your bundle of joy." She said walking out.

I laid there, thinking of ways to protect my child from this shit.

It's dangerous out here, so as we waited I looked at Tootie.

"We have to get out this life ASAP ok ? We have a child now.. it's time to put life on pause for a min and do what's best for Milani." I said and he nodded and put her in the bassinet.

"Ofc, let's move.. wherever you want" he said and I looked as tears welled in his eyes.

"Awww you crying" I said as I watched the tears roll down his face.

I laid there thinking of possible ways to get out this shit without people coming after us.

A week later, after she had Milani
•••

I was finally back home and when I tell you I was tired.

Milani cried all mf day long until she eat and sleep.