Eri's Memoir of Confusion

Eri smiled and laughed as her father disappeared. He did this often, but it was usually behind a blanket. She giggled louder as she expected her father to come back. 

She grew uncertain, was this a trick? Who was this man? 

Ow . . . her arms hurt. 

She grew happier, looks like she could go back to her mom. She clumsily walked over on her tiny legs and grabbed the ends of white, silky pants. 

Ouch, Eri got kicked away. 

Who was this man? Eri looked at him with an expectation. He put a gloved hand on her forehead while she giggled and grabbed it. 

He looked at her with kind eyes. 

Her arms hurt a lot and so she doesn't look at them. 

Eri doesn't steal a glimpse at her wrists. 

She sits on her bed alone while she waits for another toy. A doll is dropped from nowhere, ripped from the hands of it's buyer. She tries to smile but the doll did that for her. 

Eri was restless that night, she could only imagine the doll staring at her and cutting her arms up. Do her arms glow? Do her eyes in the dark? 

She hugged the doll tightly, whilst it's arms wrapped around her eyes. 

Ouch . . . her arms hurt again. 

Ew . . . her legs feel so weird. Ouch, they hurt weirdly too. 

Eri couldn't walk today, so she held the doll for comfort. 

Ow, her hands have small cuts on them. She looked at the doll and found it's head shattered. She tried to put the pieces back together but they had begun to sweep away from her, a hand picked the doll up and threw it away. She grabbed the hand and felt a sting on her cheek. Her cut, bloody hands moved to her cheeks. 

Why was her face wet? She closed her eyes because she didn't want to see her face like she didn't want to see her arms or legs. 

She sobbed in the sheets, her doll was gone and the hand had not given Eri a chance to fix it. 

Her hands and legs hurt more than ever. She squeezed her eyes shut but then she decided to open them. She looked at her limbs and accepted that they shall never be the same as before. 

Eri held the gloved hand while she tried to avoid stepping on the cracks that invaded the sidewalk. 

-  🌸  - 

basically eri's toddler years! 
this whole thing is a metaphor so try to decipher it if you have the time

words (☞゚ヮ゚)☞: 433