you're sick

The feeling of cold sheets and soft pillows in your place woke Kaylee up from her sleep. She felt a little cold and planned on pulling you closer to her, but you weren't there.

She sat up in bed and rubbed the sleep from her eyes before looking around for you. She noticed that the bathroom door was closed and the light was on. She didn't think much of it at first, thinking you were just using the bathroom.

She lied back down and planned to wait up for you to return so she could hug you close. But her eyes flew open when she heard the sound of what seemed like you throwing up.

She immediately jumped out of bed and rushed to the door. She tried to open it but the door was locked. She knocked softly on the door and waited for you to respond while she bounced her knee nervously, feeling so concerned about you.

"y/n? Open the door."

You only whimpered and crawled to the door. You turned the lock before rushing back to get sick once more.

The sight broke Kaylee's heart. As she opened the door and saw you so sick, a feeling of guilt and sadness came over her.

It was only days ago that you were taking care of her. She came down with a stomach bug and although she appreciated you being there by her side and taking care of her so selflessly.

But now, it's clear you're paying for it.

She knelt behind you and gathered your hair in her hands before she started to rub your back with her other hand.

"It's okay. I'm right here." She comforted. "Let it all out."

You felt as though you were finally done, but the taste on your tongue made you sick again. You whimpered, completely miserable as your stomach continued to turn and beads of sweat rolled down your skin.

"I hate being sick." You mumbled as you finally stopped throwing up and then turned around to lean against her.

"I know. It's never fun. But I'm here to take care of you and I promise I won't let you go."

She caressed your warm cheek and rubbed your back. Your skin was clammy against her fingertips, burning from the fever you had.

"You're burning up. Let me get you some medicine and you can brush your teeth, then we'll get you back to bed."

The thought of moving made you groan. You finally felt cozy and your stomach was finally settled for the first time since you woke up an hour ago feeling so ill.

But Kaylee was determined to get you back to bed. You needed rest and she was gonna make sure you got it. It's what helped her to feel better, along with you right by her side to take care of her, and she was gonna make sure you got the same attention and comfort you needed.

"Come on, baby. I'll help you. We gotta get you cleaned up and into bed."

Your legs were weak, like jelly as you stood with Kaylee's help. She put her arm around your waist and helped you to the sink. Knowing how terrible she felt when she was sick, she slowly let you go and let you lean against her as you brushed your teeth, just to make sure you wouldn't lose your balance.

"Need me here with you or do you think you're okay so I can get a few things ready for you."

"I'll be okay." You mumbled, toothbrush between your lips. She kissed your head and grabbed some medicine from the cabinet for you that you'd take when you finished and were cozy in bed.

She grabbed your blanket and threw it in the dryer to warm it up for you, hoping it'd help you to feel warmer and cozy. She grabbed some water and a bucket, as well as some soup.

She walked back into the bedroom to find you crawling into bed. You leaned against the pillows and closed your eyes, but she quickly caressed your arm to make sure you stayed awake.

"Hey, baby. Don't go to sleep yet. I made you some soup. Think you can eat some? For me?"

You dreaded the thought, but she was so sweet to make it for you and your stomach seemed calmer now, so you let her put the spoon to your lips to eat some.

But soon you were pushing it away. You were full and surprisingly content with Kaylee caressing your cheek ever so lovingly and your stomach thankfully staying settled.

"Can I sleep now?"

"In a minute, baby, I promise. I have something for you and then I want to change your shirt, so you'll be cozier."

She helped you out of your shirt and into one of her sweaters. She then left the room after kissing the crown of your head, returning a moment later with your blanket.

When she draped it over your shoulder you couldn't help but sigh contentedly as you finally began to feel relieved and warm.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I'm okay, Kaylee. I actually feel better now. My stomach doesn't feel funny anymore and I'm finally warm again."

"Good." She smiled and then crawled into bed with you. "Wanna cuddle?"

"I don't want to get you sick."

"Y/n, I got you sick. You held me, you fed me soup, you helped me shower when I needed to. You took care of me. Let me take care of you now."

You couldn't resist and moved into her arms. She was warm, secure, and you felt your worries about being so sick fade away, knowing you were safest with Kaylee there to take care of you.

"Get some sleep, sweet girl. I'm right here if you need anything. I love you so much. I promise I'll take care of you until you feel better. I won't let you go," she whispered into your hair, giving you a few kisses on your head as you drifted off to sleep in her arms.