you're cold

The cool air rushed through the open window in Kaylee's bedroom, causing a shiver to rush down your spine as you lied awake while she slept soundly.

On occasion, you'd hear a clap of thunder here and there, but all you could really hear was the rain hitting the window panes and Kaylee's soft breaths.

While it isn't the first time you're staying the night, it was more unexpected than the last few times. You didn't have any other clothes other than your cozy sweats and your tank-top that just wasn't enough to keep you warm anymore.

"Kaylee?" You whispered softly, hoping she'd hear you and wake up. But she was in a bit of a deep sleep and the chances of that happening were unlikely.

You sighed and tried to pull the covers tighter around you, but she had most of the blanket and you didn't want to take it from her when she looked so cozy. Unsure of what to do, you sat up and looked around the room.

But something on the floor caught your eye.

Kaylee's sweater. She'd worn it earlier and must've gotten too warm and shrugged it off.

Pushing back the small part of the blanket that you still had, you got out of bed and tiptoed to where it was on the floor. Starting to feel cold again, you didn't hesitate in pulling it over your head. You closed your eyes and let her smell relax you.

You already felt warmer, but even more so when Kaylee snuck up behind you nad put her arm around you.

"You stole my sweater." She mumbled, but you could tell that she was smiling a little.

"I got cold." You said and closed your eyes as she buried her face in your neck. Her warm breath tickled your skin and you shivered in her embrace from the sudden rush of air against your skin. She chuckled and laid a kiss to your cheek.

"That's alright. I wasn't complaining. I like that you're wearing my sweater! You look adorable." She kissed your cheek a few more times causing you to giggle and squirm in her embrace. "Do you need me to close the window?"

"No. I'll be alright. This'll keep me warm."

You turned around and she took your hand.

"And so will I,"

She led you back to bed and climbed in beside you. Pulling you into her arms instantly, your head fell to her shoulder and she made sure you were warm in her embrace and under the blanket before kissing your forehead and closing her eyes.

"Sleep tight, Y/N. Sweet dreams."

"You too, Kaylee." You whispered back and closed your eyes, falling asleep quickly now that you were warm and cozy.