she asks you to move in

The week has been long and tiring, but it all feels worthwhile now that you get to spend some much-needed quality time with Kaylee.

She ordered your favorite for dinner and promised you a fun movie night in. It sounded a lot better than going out, and you really loved the thought of being wrapped in her arms the whole night through.

After dinner was done and your plates were cleaned she took your hand and led you to the sofa. You reached for the remote but she took it from your hands quickly.

"Kaylee? What's wrong? I thought this was how you wanted to spend tonight."

"No, baby, it is!" She said quickly when she noticed the pout on your lips. "It's just that there's something I've really been wanting to ask you but I haven't found the right time to do so."

You took her hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze. "Okay. Ask me now, then."

She took in a shaky breath which made you frown.

"It's just a big thing and I don't want you to feel pressured if you're not ready for it." She started to say before taking a deep breath. There were butterflies in her chest and her heart was pounding as she said, "Do you want to move in with me?"

Your eyes went wide and in response, hers did too.

"Like I said, I-I don't want you to feel pressured if you aren't ready for it! It's just that... I am." She smiled. "I really love you and I just know that you're the one. I love it when you stay with me and I've been thinking about how amazing it would be if you never had to go home again because, well, this would be your home."

She felt a little calmer when it seemed that her words made you smile a little.

"That's a big step. You're sure that you're ready for this?"

She brought your hand to her lips and planted a few kisses to your knuckles. Eyes locked with yours as she spoke, "I've never been so sure about anything before. I'm in love with you and the thought of waking up to you in my arms each morning makes me so happy."

"It's not always rainbows and butterflies. Sometimes things can be a little tough as you learn to adjust living with your partner," you reminded her but made sure that she could still see the light in your eyes.

"I know. But I know we're a great team. We always work things out when things get tough and you know that I love you very much."

"I love you too." You whispered. "I'm ready if you are."

She cheered and pulled you onto her lap and in her arms. You laughed as you looped your arms around her neck and then pressed your lips to hers.

"How about we move your things in tomorrow?"

You kissed her again and pressed your chest to hers, letting her feel the fast beat of your heart from the excitement and joy you felt.

"Sounds perfect!"