you wear her hoodie

You could feel the sun on your skin as you slowly awoke from your peaceful slumber. Your heart nearly stopped when you opened your eyes only to find Kaylee sleeping right beside you. It was so quiet; aside from the birds outside the window and her soft breaths falling from her pink, kissable lips.

You couldn't help but adore her. It's the first time you've woken up beside her. A spur of the moment decision to stay last night that only came about because you lost track of time and it was much later than you expected. Kaylee, being the sweetest and most protective girlfriend she is, asked you to stay over and you happily did.

You fell asleep quickly when she turned on one of your favorite shows and you were able to lay your head on her chest and listen to the beat of her heart. You feel more well-rested than ever.

Turning over onto your back, the covers slid off of you and you felt a little cold when they did. Though it was bright and sunny, it wasn't that warm quite yet. It was still early in the morning and the sun has only been out for a couple of hours. You hoped it'd get warmer, but until it did you knew the blanket wouldn't really be enough to keep you warm now that the cool air has rushed along your skin.

You watched Kaylee closely as you got out of bed, just to make sure that you didn't wake her. Since your night over was unplanned, you didn't have any extra clothes. But you know Kaylee surely wouldn't mind you stealing some of hers.

You tiptoed to the closet and looked through the rack. There were lots of options but you were in search of one specific item, and it didn't take long for you to find.

Kaylee's hoodie; or more specifically, her favorite hoodie. It's soft. It's fluffy, and it's cute.

You pulled it from the hanger and pulled your other shirt off. You threw it behind you mindlessly and started to pull her hoodie over your head when you heard her voice coming from behind you.

"Interesting..." Kaylee mumbled as she grabbed your shirt from the floor.

You turned to face her and her eyes lit up when she noticed what you were wearing.

"Stealing my hoodie now?" She grinned.

"I got cold." You mumbled, cheeks turning red. "I didn't have anything else,"

"Shh," she interrupted, index finger laying over your lip. She giggled happily as your eyes met. "I don't mind. I think you look cute."

She leaned in and gave you a soft kiss, but she pulled away quite quickly.

"Although," she started to say as she also began to brush her hand along your back. "I didn't like waking up without you by my side."

"You wake up without me there every morning." You laughed but she just shrugged.

"Maybe so. But I like the idea of you being there with me. It makes me happy." She pecked your lips lovingly, smiling against them as an idea came to her mind. "Maybe you could stay again tonight?"

You looped your arms around her neck and nodded. "Why would I ever say no to that? But you'll have to drive me home. I gotta grab some things."

"No problem... but you're keeping that hoodie on." She laughed and wrapped you in her arms to lead you back to the comfort of her bed.